Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain alerts in Waterford City

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

tesco ardkeen have acer 5230E notebooks for 299 euros. 1gb, 15.4" screen. DID electrical doing the same model for fifty quid dearer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭deisedol

Sportsavers

across from city square entrace, where the old Hardware store was.

Great value there on sports gear for kids. Cross country runners with spikes for 15 euro. cant beat that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

deisedol wrote: »
    Sportsavers

across from city square entrace, where the old Hardware store was.

Great value there on sports gear for kids. Cross country runners with spikes for 15 euro. cant beat that!

I though the store sucked bad actually :confused: but it is cheap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Seoirse1

coco wrote: »
    Anybody know a good butcher in the city because i bought mince in tesco and it was cheap ok but it was all fat, I drained most of it!
    I buy from Mickey Dunphy, within Tescos on Paddy Brownes Rd, and have never been disappointed. He offers large and small cuts of meat i.e. striploin for €3 which are thin, but just use less cooking time and its just as nice as the €6 option

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

i duno if im too late posting this but you can pre order call of duty modern warfare 2 for 37,77 out in harvey norman on the cork road xbox or ps3 :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 dm69

just in supervalu in tramore loads of game consoles going much cheaper than normal.
    i got a nintendo wii black sports pack for only €190. i had just come from xtravision same thing €250

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

dm69 wrote: »
    just in supervalu in tramore loads of game consoles going much cheaper than normal.
    i got a nintendo wii black sports pack for only €190. i had just come from xtravision same thing €250

Surely €199 in Smyths is far better value considering they are giving 3 extra games along with the included wii sport, One of the games is Wii Sports Resort with the motion pack and they are also giving the new super mario game too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 dm69

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Surely €199 in Smyths is far better value considering they are giving 3 extra games along with the included wii sport, One of the games is Wii Sports Resort with the motion pack and they are also giving the new super mario game too

ya thats the one i got with the motion pack with resort, didnt spot that in smyths. collecting the money off things for christmas anyway so that was worth another €4 to me. but i must admire your fast response time;)

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

Dunnes are doing 10kg bags of potatoes for 1.98 euro and sprouts and other veg for 38 cent per bag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Ronyponyboi

Sherwoods have the Beats by dre studios for 275
    Untitled-2-8.png

And the heart beats for 149
    Untitled-1-7.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 phil16phil

Tesco Ardkeen
    Mince pies ........now......25cents for a box of 6

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Neonjack

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but the Fitzwilton Hotel are offering rooms for 20 euro p.p.s. for the next 20 nights to anyone who joins their page on facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fitzwilton-Hotel-Waterford/99992478673?ref=nf

First come, first served basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

not sure of the exact price per K but Supervalue butchers in the hyper are doing 1/2 price sirloin steak at the moment. I grabbed around 1.5K for under a €10 an hour ago.

That's like, cheaper than stewing steak and they have roasting joints for the same 1/2 price. Nice quality too, it's in the pan right now and my teenagers will be falling upon it shortly :D.

Sorry I'm vague on the details ... you'd never think I've been shopping for the last 35 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Good man old gregg i'll be down there this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I wish ye knew where that steak is coming from, because i do and i wouldnt eat it if someone paid me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭deisemum

I wish ye knew where that steak is coming from, because i do and i wouldnt eat it if someone paid me

Which place are you refering to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

First off..hello mods, how are ya? Some weather we're having lately isn't it? This thread, on the face of it, looks like it belongs in the mobiles forum...but give it a chance...

Anybody here that's on O2 will have heard about these O2 treats and how..well they're not very good for Waterford at the moment as all the treats are pretty much dublin based...(and mad hotels up the country)...

I got a call yesterday asking me to meet up with a chap who's been put on charge of setting up treats just for waterford. So...this can only be good and we should expect to see some money off vouchers for shops, restaurants, cafes etc in the coming weeks. If you're with O2 of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

argos are currently doing the xbox 360 acade with out the hard drive 130euros,,thats for notting:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

argos are currently doing the xbox 360 acade with out the hard drive 130euros,,thats for notting:)

Thats unreal, think I might pick one up!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ill put this into Bargain Alerts.. there is no topic here at all..

Topic Merged

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

5 Free trips accross the Suir bridge

http://southlink.ie/gpage4.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭deisemum

Just in case anyone in the city is looking for good quality meat at factory prices and don't mind venturing into the county then I recommend Dawn Meats at Carroll's Cross.

I saw it recommended on another site so went there this morning. It's cheaper than any butchers and worth stocking up on if you've got room in the freezer.

I hope this is ok to post here in the city section.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 heratio

Was shopping in superquinn and spotted Drycleanit next door doing a discount of 30% :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34 magpie30

well come on jack burton wheres that meat comming from.dont tell me its ostritch being farmed in the feilds off the back of ballybeg

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Hi,
    Just back from Island Lane in the Ardkeen Shopping Centre. They have a good sale on at the moment. Discounts range from 20% on the regular stock, to 50% on Christmas stock (I just bought a beautiful "Willow Tree" nativity set & crib . . . am I sad? :rolleyes: )

Lots of gift brands - Newbridge, Genesis, Nicolas Mosse etc. Some of these ranges have 30% off.

PS I have no connection with the shop, just thought you bargain hunters might be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

how much was the Nativity set and is it good quality?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭burkey85

Food factory on the Cork Rd. has some great prices.
    Bbq deal, 8 burgers and buns and 1kg of sausages €10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 redbus

sounds good mmmmmmm:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭gobo99

redbus wrote: »
    sounds good mmmmmmm:D
    haha nice 1st post.:pac:

Advertisement