Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

23-04-2014, 18:46   #1
martinn123

Home Renovation Incentive

Hi Guys

Just wondering if any of the Tradesmen, hereabouts, have noted any increase in business following this Tax Incentive, since last Oct/Dec

Also if any architectural chaps are dealing with any, or many, extensions, renovations, linked to this Incentive.

No stats from Revenue yet, too soon, as it only went live on ROS this month.

Personally I am disappointed with the uptake from householders, since it's introduction,

Your thoughts, or experience....thanks.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
23-04-2014, 19:36   #2
teepee

Yes there is a notable pick up , great that people asking for your revenue detail . Will push the cash merchants to one side .
(3) thanks from:
01-05-2014, 21:09   #3
Posy
Warm and cosy

If you don't mind me asking, is all the householder to do give the company/person who carried out the work their property tax number and the tradesman does the rest from their side?
01-05-2014, 21:18   #4
martinn123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posy View Post
If you don't mind me asking, is all the householder to do give the company/person who carried out the work their property tax number and the tradesman does the rest from their side?
You need to insure the Contractor is Tax Compliant, they will have a Tax Clearance Cert, or a letter from Revenue, stating a 20%deduction, from a Sub Contractor Job. Details on the Revenue web Site.

Then give them your Prt ref number, and check on-line Revenue Web Site again, that they register any payments you give them.
Thanks from:
01-05-2014, 21:53   #5
Posy
Warm and cosy

Thanks, Martinn.
They are a registered company and told me they qualify with the HRI scheme, but I'm still not on the website as having work done when I log in. I better contact them with my PRT number (again!) and give a gentle reminder before it's past May 8th and I don't get my tax credits!
Advertisement
01-05-2014, 21:58   #6
DPM1

Do you have to apply to quality for the rebate like the seai grant or is it a case of getting the work done and claiming after?
01-05-2014, 22:09   #7
martinn123

Quote:
Thanks, Martinn.
They are a registered company and told me they qualify with the HRI scheme, but I'm still not on the website as having work done when I log in. I better contact them with my PRT number (again!) and give a gentle reminder before it's past May 8th and I don't get my tax credits!
When they register your job with revenue, URN [ unique reference number } issues for your contract.

All the details are accessed on the Revenue Web site quoting this URN.
Not sure what May 8th refers to, you get the Tax credit for 2015 and 2016.
01-05-2014, 22:13   #8
martinn123

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPM1 View Post
Do you have to apply to quality for the rebate like the seai grant or is it a case of getting the work done and claiming after?
No first check the Contractor Is Tax Compliant, give them your PRT number, and then the Contractor will register the job with Revenue and get a URN for the job.
01-05-2014, 22:31   #9
BryanF

One month sticky ( see how it goes )
Thanks from:
Advertisement
01-05-2014, 22:34   #10
DPM1

Sorry for the hijack, I have a number of jobs to get done and individually they wont make up the minimum €4405 to qualify but will when totalled up. Does each repair go against your "credits" up to €30k of repairs or how does that side work. I might ring the revenue tomorrow but if anyone has the answer they might let me know.
02-05-2014, 00:04   #11
Posy
Warm and cosy

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinn123 View Post
All the details are accessed on the Revenue Web site quoting this URN.
Not sure what May 8th refers to, you get the Tax credit for 2015 and 2016.
It says on the HRI website
"If you had qualifying work carried out during [25 October 2013 and 10 April 2014] you should contact your Contractor. Your Contractor has until 8 May 2014 to enter the work and payment details to HRI online... You won’t be able to claim the HRI tax credit if the details aren’t entered to HRI online."

So I'm assuming if he hasn't done it by next week I can't claim.
02-05-2014, 09:48   #12
martinn123

Quote:
It says on the HRI website
"If you had qualifying work carried out during [25 October 2013 and 10 April 2014] you should contact your Contractor. Your Contractor has until 8 May 2014 to enter the work and payment details to HRI online... You won’t be able to claim the HRI tax credit if the details aren’t entered to HRI online."

So I'm assuming if he hasn't done it by next week I can't claim.
OK, the Revenue web site was only going live in April, while the Tax Break was available from 25th Oct, so any work carried out during that period has to be entered NOW on the Web Site.
Looks like Revenue have given Contractors a month, to get all details up.
So yes get on to your Contractor, now, to get it registered
Thanks from:
02-05-2014, 09:50   #13
martinn123

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPM1 View Post
Sorry for the hijack, I have a number of jobs to get done and individually they wont make up the minimum €4405 to qualify but will when totalled up. Does each repair go against your "credits" up to €30k of repairs or how does that side work. I might ring the revenue tomorrow but if anyone has the answer they might let me know.
Yes you can add the various Jobs together.....provided each individual Contractor Qualifies for the scheme...all the Work is at 13.5% VAT....and the work itself qualifies...i.e no white goods..
03-05-2014, 12:57   #14
amandasphi

Yes, there's a revenue pick up. Hope it rises more.
12-05-2014, 16:09   #15
Marlay

Hi, I was periodically checking on this, waiting for the system to go live. I've only just now spotted the deadline of May 8th. Does anyone know when that was announced? As a homeowner is there any chance of that being extended or is that it?

Cheers.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion