Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

24-04-2013, 22:11   #1
FanadMan

Some advice please.

Hi all

Myself and my mate are getting into sea kayak fishing but we need a bit of advice on what GPS/FishFinder combo to get. We have a Standard Horizon CP180i GPS on our main angling boat but want to get a combo for the yaks.

As the cost of the yaks is quite high, we really don't want to spend a fortune on the combo but also don't want to get one that will fail after a wee splash of water. Also needs to be fairly power efficient cos we'll be out for six or seven hours at a time.

Had a look online at the Standard Horizon CPF190i but can't find any Irish retailers. The main reason we looked first at that model is that we have the Irish coastal and inland waterways maps on the card in our CP180i and could swap it as needed.

Does anyone have any suggestions or advice for us?

Thanks

John

PS - thanks to Zuppy for allowing me to post this here as it's already been posted in angling
Advertisement
25-04-2013, 09:19   #2
Zuppy

My experience is only with a few Marine GPS as I don't fish. But anything with a standard such as IPX-7 might be worth considering. I would still keep it in a drybag. More that saltwater and constant splashing in a kayak around electronics......

Isn't using a fish finder, like cheating? :-) doesn't sound like a fair game of hide and seek to me.
Thanks from:
25-04-2013, 21:10   #3
Git101

The guys at Irish Kayak Angling might be able to help
Thanks from:
26-04-2013, 13:03   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Git101 View Post
The guys at Irish Kayak Angling might be able to help
I'd echo what Git said but the real link is http://www.irishkayakangling.com/forum/ for everyone (like myself) who want nothing to do with facebook.

I don't have a fishfinder myself but there is a few threads over there about them.
26-04-2013, 14:16   #5
FanadMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesands View Post
I'd echo what Git said but the real link is http://www.irishkayakangling.com/forum/ for everyone (like myself) who want nothing to do with facebook.

I don't have a fishfinder myself but there is a few threads over there about them.
Thanks for that whitesands Have now registered there so fingers crossed they'll be able to help.

John

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion