Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad Religion

Options
  • 13-02-2005 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭

I only started listening to Bad Religion a few weeks ago. I had heard a few of their songs but I thought they sounded a bit 'poppy'. But when I heard the album 'Against the Grain' I was converted. :) I can't get enough of them now. I read that they signed to a major label and went downhill. So is Against the Grain their best album or which of their other albums are worth checking out?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

they are on Epitaph no? maybe they done one or two albums on a major though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

Oh yeah they are on Epitaph. I see on allmusic.com that they were with Atlantic for a few years. I have to check out some of their other stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

They guy that owns Epitaph. is in bad religion Brett guirewez(dunno who to spell his second name)i would recommend you to get the suffer albumn. i have a few more but i cant think of there names atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

yeah i know brett owns Epi. but i think they might have kinda franchised a few BR albums id you know what i mean.

Kinda like the odd NOFX album coming out on EPI while they were on Fatwreck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

Find The Gray Race and give it a listen....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 false_monkey

When Brett Left BR they moved to a Major label for a few albums. These albums weren't as good because Brett was one of the main song writers.
    Try "Stranger Than Fiction" I think its the best BR record.

NOFX released evey studio album on Epitaph.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Stranger Than Fiction is the one you want to go for alright

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

Cool. Loads of recommendations. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JoeSchmoe

here's a discography for you

http://www.punkbands.com/lyrics/bands/badreligion/discog.htm

I was seriously into Bad Religion when i was younger, have all their albums up until "the gray race" all their earlier albums are fantastic, I thought "the gray race" went a bit sh!te and I started to lose interest (i was getting into other music by then anyway) but without a doubt my favourite album of theirs of "No Control" classic classic classic, fantastic melody, lyrics and guitars, Brilliant!!! followed by "against the grain" and "generator"

one of my favourite bands ever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

u cant go wrong with their best of, All Ages.
    it has a lot of their best stuff

• Advertisement
Advertisement