Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good Drink Bargain Alerts!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,247 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Yeah 4 cans of Citra or the Full Irish for a tenner is great going. Have plundered the stock.

They are two of the best Irish beers ever IMO. Full Irish could be 2 for a tenner and it's still value.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 sambowden

Any Irish Breweries running any deals this week?

ThirdBarrel have a good one - 24 for 60 Euro (free shipping).

But I already got 24 off them - looking for a change - but would like to keep the costs below the 70 mark for 24 (440-500ml Cans/Bottles), preferably 60 Euro!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,257 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Powers €20 in Supervalu.
    Also:
    Powers Three Swallow €33 (was 46)
    Powers Old Fashioned €23 (was 30)

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

Not sure how much of a good deal or if it even is one!

Supervalu have Tullamore Dew 70cl for 31 quid but you get 6 free whiskey glasses with it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,533 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

It's often €23 in Dunnes (even without voucher) so you'd have to like, and want, the glasses. Most giveaway glasses are crap, I got two very nice ones with a Writers Tears the Christmas before last though.

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

It's often €23 in Dunnes (even without voucher) so you'd have to like, and want, the glasses. Most giveaway glasses are crap, I got two very nice ones with a Writers Tears the Christmas before last though.

I got a glass I really liked from a crowd called Journeyman (https://shop.supervalu.ie/shopping/search/allaisles?q=journeyman). Sadly I smashed it, along with a nice whiskey tumbler, to smithereens a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

The Roe and Co is lovely, was on offer last weekend for Fathers Day too. 3 Swallows is beautiful too and I think it never goes under the €33 mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Anyone know if the 3 Swallows is the new or old bottle?

I'd say it depends on the shop but I haven't seen the new bottle out in the wild yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭testtech05

Hogzy wrote: »

I got a bottle in the local SuperValu last week and it was the new shorter bottle.

testtech05 wrote: »
    I got a bottle in the local SuperValu last week and it was the new shorter bottle.

Shyte, I need the old one to complete the collection :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭testtech05

Shyte, I need the old one to complete the collection :o

Hopefully some places will still have the older one for ya!!

I have an empty old bottle sitting as a decoration in my darts room. If you don't find any you're more than welcome to it, granted it would be better if it was full :D

I have an empty old bottle sitting as a decoration in my darts room. If you don't find any you're more than welcome to it, granted it would be better if it was full :D

Very nice of you to offer! Might take you up on it if I cant find a full one!:)

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

If you're stuck, I've an unopened old-style bottle I'm happy to swap for a new-style bottle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭tphase

in the local Centra, O'Hara's Irish Wit, limited edition brew
    4 for €12 or €2.55 each:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

tphase wrote: »
    in the local Centra, O'Hara's Irish Wit, limited edition brew
    4 for €12 or €2.55 each:rolleyes:

Hardly limited edition, been around for awhile now, was 4 for 8 in Dunnes at one point

Hardly limited edition, been around for awhile now, was 4 for 8 in Dunnes at one point
    hardly a bargain either...

Quackster wrote: »
    If you're stuck, I've an unopened old-style bottle I'm happy to swap for a new-style bottle.

Where are you based?

• Advertisement

Where are you based?
    Dublin 8.

Quackster wrote: »
    Dublin 8.

lol me too :D

Im going to try get to Supervalu today and pick one up. Ill PM you when I have. Thanks a million for this!!!!

lol me too :D

Im going to try get to Supervalu today and pick one up. Ill PM you when I have. Thanks a million for this!!!!
    No probs!

Picked up a 4 pack of Lagunitas IPA cans for €6.74 in Tesco today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭Ryath

White Hag Puca berry hibiscus and ginger sour €1.40 a can in Tesco Tullamore. Probably just a store deal.
    https://www.thewhitehag.com/our-range/puca-berry-hibiscus-ginger/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,257 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Jameson for €20 in Eurospar this weekend according to ad in newspaper - but doesn't show up on their website so not sure how reliable an offer it is...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭FlicFlak

Was in tesco Athlone yesterday and the had the solas brown porter for €1.04 each or 4 for 10!! Was probably just a clearance. I was unlucky, was only 1 bottle left!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭Macy0161

FlicFlak wrote: »
    Was in tesco Athlone yesterday and the had the solas brown porter for €1.04 each or 4 for 10!! Was probably just a clearance. I was unlucky, was only 1 bottle left!
    They had empty shelf space in Tesco Wicklow for this last week at 1.04 too. Might have been too niche for Tesco (assuming it won't be back) but I thought it was really good, and the pick of the Rye River Tesco line up.

Macy0161 wrote: »
    They had empty shelf space in Tesco Wicklow for this last week at 1.04 too. Might have been too niche for Tesco (assuming it won't be back) but I thought it was really good, and the pick of the Rye River Tesco line up.

I agree. Was definitely the nicest in the range. Ridiculously hard to pour though, always a massive head regardless of temperature or glass used, but more than made up for that with taste!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

FlicFlak wrote: »

I'm slow as its friday but wouldn't that be 4 for 4.16?

I'm slow as its friday but wouldn't that be 4 for 4.16?

you're not slow and it's not a unique "special" offer.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113855315&postcount=1968

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

2 bottles of Griffin Prosecco for €15 at Centra, this weekend only- is a good drop too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Indestructable

2 bottles of Griffin Prosecco for €15 at Centra, this weekend only- is a good drop too

The girlfriend is happy out, thanks!

The girlfriend is happy out, thanks!

Jaysis i thought that phrase was dead :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Tanquery No. 10 is €35 in Tesco at present.

• Advertisement

Jawbox Gin is reduced to clear in my local Tesco (carlow) for €29.40. Usually at least €50 a bottle, never tasted it but couldn't say no at that price.

2 bottles of Oyster Bay for €20 in Fresh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Jawbox Gin is reduced to clear in my local Tesco (carlow) for €29.40. Usually at least €50 a bottle, never tasted it but couldn't say no at that price.

Checked my local Tesco today and its still full price!

Skuxx wrote: »

Tesco are odd, they had Lagunitas IPA 4 for 6 in one store one day a few weeks back but was full price the next day

Skuxx wrote: »

Picked up a bottle for €29.40 in Tralee Manor the other day. Only one on the shelf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Tesco are odd, they had Lagunitas IPA 4 for 6 in one store one day a few weeks back but was full price the next day
    4 for €6 :eek:

Did you lash them out of it.

imme wrote: »
    4 for €6 :eek:

Did you lash them out of it.

Was 2 packs there, never even checked if short dated, they didn't last long though lol

Tattinger Champagne for €39.95 at O'Briens.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,809 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Tattinger Champagne for €39.95 at O'Briens.

Bringing a bit of class to the thread. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Champagne is classy.....I must have a different idea of classy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭sceach16

Champagne is classy.....I must have a different idea of classy!

Yes and........Yes :D

Was just in tesco and saw they now have Sexton single malt whiskey on the shelf!! Only 40 quid, more than i expected but great whiskey for the price!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭dball

CHANGES TO THE O'BRIENS CLUB
    In accordance with the Public Health (Alcohol) Act 2018, from 11th January 2021 we will no longer be permitted to award or allow redemption of loyalty card points arising from the sale of alcohol.

As a result we are reinventing our Loyalty Club by introducing an exciting program of extra special offers and exclusive deals for our members on wine, spirits and beers. Keep your current card to scan and redeem these exclusive offers. These special offers and extra discounts for members will start on 1st October.

These offers will be communicated via email. If you already receive marketing emails from us you do not need to take any action. If you would like to receive updates in the future please update your preferences in one of our stores or by emailing membership@obrienswine.ie

You can continue to earn points throughout October however from the 1st November you will no longer be able to earn points with purchases.

Please remember your current points are still valid and you will be able to spend them until close of business 10th January next year.

dball wrote: »
    CHANGES TO THE O'BRIENS CLUB
    In accordance with the Public Health (Alcohol) Act 2018, from 11th January 2021 we will no longer be permitted to award or allow redemption of loyalty card points arising from the sale of alcohol.

As a result we are reinventing our Loyalty Club by introducing an exciting program of extra special offers and exclusive deals for our members on wine, spirits and beers. Keep your current card to scan and redeem these exclusive offers. These special offers and extra discounts for members will start on 1st October.

These offers will be communicated via email. If you already receive marketing emails from us you do not need to take any action. If you would like to receive updates in the future please update your preferences in one of our stores or by emailing membership@obrienswine.ie

You can continue to earn points throughout October however from the 1st November you will no longer be able to earn points with purchases.

Please remember your current points are still valid and you will be able to spend them until close of business 10th January next year.

Ah FFS - nanny state.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,024 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

If you have a UK address, 3 bottles of Pogues Irish Whiskey for £45 delivered on HotUKDeals.
    https://www.sadlersales.co.uk/apps/bundles/bundle/42635

Also have a separate deal with 3 different ones, again for 45
    https://www.sadlersales.co.uk/apps/bundles/bundle/42669

• Advertisement
Advertisement