Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Drink Bargain Alerts!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,000 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Yeah 4 cans of Citra or the Full Irish for a tenner is great going. Have plundered the stock.

They are two of the best Irish beers ever IMO. Full Irish could be 2 for a tenner and it's still value.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 sambowden

Any Irish Breweries running any deals this week?

ThirdBarrel have a good one - 24 for 60 Euro (free shipping).

But I already got 24 off them - looking for a change - but would like to keep the costs below the 70 mark for 24 (440-500ml Cans/Bottles), preferably 60 Euro!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,155 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Powers €20 in Supervalu.
    Also:
    Powers Three Swallow €33 (was 46)
    Powers Old Fashioned €23 (was 30)

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Not sure how much of a good deal or if it even is one!

Supervalu have Tullamore Dew 70cl for 31 quid but you get 6 free whiskey glasses with it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,039 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

It's often €23 in Dunnes (even without voucher) so you'd have to like, and want, the glasses. Most giveaway glasses are crap, I got two very nice ones with a Writers Tears the Christmas before last though.

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

It's often €23 in Dunnes (even without voucher) so you'd have to like, and want, the glasses. Most giveaway glasses are crap, I got two very nice ones with a Writers Tears the Christmas before last though.

I got a glass I really liked from a crowd called Journeyman (https://shop.supervalu.ie/shopping/search/allaisles?q=journeyman). Sadly I smashed it, along with a nice whiskey tumbler, to smithereens a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

The Roe and Co is lovely, was on offer last weekend for Fathers Day too. 3 Swallows is beautiful too and I think it never goes under the €33 mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Anyone know if the 3 Swallows is the new or old bottle?

I'd say it depends on the shop but I haven't seen the new bottle out in the wild yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭testtech05

Hogzy wrote: »

I got a bottle in the local SuperValu last week and it was the new shorter bottle.

testtech05 wrote: »
    I got a bottle in the local SuperValu last week and it was the new shorter bottle.

Shyte, I need the old one to complete the collection :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭testtech05

Shyte, I need the old one to complete the collection :o

Hopefully some places will still have the older one for ya!!

I have an empty old bottle sitting as a decoration in my darts room. If you don't find any you're more than welcome to it, granted it would be better if it was full :D

I have an empty old bottle sitting as a decoration in my darts room. If you don't find any you're more than welcome to it, granted it would be better if it was full :D

Very nice of you to offer! Might take you up on it if I cant find a full one!:)

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

If you're stuck, I've an unopened old-style bottle I'm happy to swap for a new-style bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭tphase

in the local Centra, O'Hara's Irish Wit, limited edition brew
    4 for €12 or €2.55 each:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

tphase wrote: »
    in the local Centra, O'Hara's Irish Wit, limited edition brew
    4 for €12 or €2.55 each:rolleyes:

Hardly limited edition, been around for awhile now, was 4 for 8 in Dunnes at one point

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭tphase

Hardly limited edition, been around for awhile now, was 4 for 8 in Dunnes at one point
    hardly a bargain either...

Quackster wrote: »
    If you're stuck, I've an unopened old-style bottle I'm happy to swap for a new-style bottle.

Where are you based?

• Advertisement

Where are you based?
    Dublin 8.

Quackster wrote: »
    Dublin 8.

lol me too :D

Im going to try get to Supervalu today and pick one up. Ill PM you when I have. Thanks a million for this!!!!

lol me too :D

Im going to try get to Supervalu today and pick one up. Ill PM you when I have. Thanks a million for this!!!!
    No probs!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Picked up a 4 pack of Lagunitas IPA cans for €6.74 in Tesco today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭Ryath

White Hag Puca berry hibiscus and ginger sour €1.40 a can in Tesco Tullamore. Probably just a store deal.
    https://www.thewhitehag.com/our-range/puca-berry-hibiscus-ginger/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,155 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Jameson for €20 in Eurospar this weekend according to ad in newspaper - but doesn't show up on their website so not sure how reliable an offer it is...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭FlicFlak

Was in tesco Athlone yesterday and the had the solas brown porter for €1.04 each or 4 for 10!! Was probably just a clearance. I was unlucky, was only 1 bottle left!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,289 ✭✭✭Macy0161

FlicFlak wrote: »
    Was in tesco Athlone yesterday and the had the solas brown porter for €1.04 each or 4 for 10!! Was probably just a clearance. I was unlucky, was only 1 bottle left!
    They had empty shelf space in Tesco Wicklow for this last week at 1.04 too. Might have been too niche for Tesco (assuming it won't be back) but I thought it was really good, and the pick of the Rye River Tesco line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭FlicFlak

Macy0161 wrote: »
    They had empty shelf space in Tesco Wicklow for this last week at 1.04 too. Might have been too niche for Tesco (assuming it won't be back) but I thought it was really good, and the pick of the Rye River Tesco line up.

I agree. Was definitely the nicest in the range. Ridiculously hard to pour though, always a massive head regardless of temperature or glass used, but more than made up for that with taste!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

FlicFlak wrote: »

I'm slow as its friday but wouldn't that be 4 for 4.16?

Advertisement