Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike stand possibility

Options
  • 22-05-2018 7:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭

Thinking of putting some bike stands in the garden. I like these stylish ones - any comments on them? As good as the rather dull-looking Sheffield stands in terms of security?

451331.jpg

https://www.pittman.ie/city-giro-bicycle-stand.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Rechuchote

Anyone?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,516 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i'd say you'd potentially spend more than the stand in having them fitted - would they be going into existing concrete, or into a lawn area?

i'd say you'd potentially spend more than the stand in having them fitted - would they be going into existing concrete, or into a lawn area?

Concrete stand in part of the lawn, and yes, I'm waiting for the guy who did my driveway to come & look & quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

If its into fresh ground, I'm sure it would be a simple matter to dig a hole, fill with a concrete mix and insert whatever ground fixing is needed for this

homer911 wrote: »
    If its into fresh ground, I'm sure it would be a simple matter to dig a hole, fill with a concrete mix and insert whatever ground fixing is needed for this

Probably would, but I'd like it to look a bit nice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement