Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price on New Development

Options
  • 12-03-2018 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    I have been searching for new development houses in my area. Many house ads say "Price on Application" but i am wondering if we don't know the approximate price of the property how could we really know whether we can even afford it?

Any one went through such scenario recently?

And are there are hidden costs that we need to look at before making the offer?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Hi All,
    I have been searching for new development houses in my area. Many house ads say "Price on Application" but i am wondering if we don't know the approximate price of the property how could we really know whether we can even afford it?

Any one went through such scenario recently?

And are there are hidden costs that we need to look at before making the offer?

They will set price based on demand. In otherwords, the more people who show interest in the development, the higher the price of each unit is set. Contact the EA and ask the price today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭conf101

Application doesn't mean bidding, it just means you have to contact the estate agent to get a price. Sometimes they don't actually announce prices until very close to the launch date.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Great, i have contacted the agent and waiting for response.

I have another Question, say in the show-house they have carpet in the bedroom, will they be able to change it to wooden floor?

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭izzyflusky

Usually you have to provide your own flooring. You might get the bathrooms and kitchen tiled but that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭brownej

Great, i have contacted the agent and waiting for response.

I have another Question, say in the show-house they have carpet in the bedroom, will they be able to change it to wooden floor?

What is or isn't included should be specified clearly by the estate agent.
    sometimes nothing but the bare minimum is included (flooring isn't necessarily considered in the bare minimum), sometimes there are some customisable options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

brownej wrote: »
    What is or isn't included should be specified clearly by the estate agent.
    sometimes nothing but the bare minimum is included (flooring isn't necessarily considered in the bare minimum), sometimes there are some customisable options.

The estate agent will lie.
    Never trust the estate agent.

I don't know of any development that's providing flooring beyond bare minimum tiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Ok, i will get it in writing about flooring and tiles cost, thanks for the heads up!

Advertisement