Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Climate: Iceland or Ireland.

Options
  • 28-01-2018 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭

Given the choice,which climatological conditions would you rather. Are our summers better or similar,do Icelandic people view our climate as warm? Would they consider visiting here as a summer holiday,what are your views,please discuss. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,096 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

I don't think I could have the cows out grazing yet in Iceland. Wouldn't have the grass yet I'd say. :D
    Just a few days away from turnout in this country (Ireland).
    So Ireland for me. :)

I do wonder what their summer's are like though. Hard to sleep with the light I'd imagine.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

The snow in the winter would be nice but....

I would hate the very low daylight hours in the winter.
    I wouldn't be able to sleep properly at night in the summer with too much daylight.
    There summers are generally even colder than ours, they often struggle to get past 15C throughout most of the summer, although they still manage to get a rare hot day.

I'd have to pick Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Weighing up the pros and cons for the climates in both countries I’d chose Tenerife.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Ireland without a shadow of a doubt, I love heat so summers where temperatures struggle to get into the teens would be an immediate deal breaker. Not that we fare all that much better but at least we can hope for a few weeks of shorts and t shirt weather.

Even winters, I like snow but mainly as a novelty for a week or two, having frequent snow and ice all winter would quickly get old. The constant darkness must be awful as well

My ideal climate would be somewhere with long hot summers with plenty of thunderstorms, a short but interesting spring and autumn and winters with plenty of clear frosty weather and the odd big snow event. Maybe somewhere like northern Italy though I've never been

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Iceland's climate is just a (far) more enhanced version of what we experience in Ireland. Have never been but would love to see it. Very beautiful country apparently.

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Been in Iceland a few times. When the weather is rough, its really rough. Ill take Irelands climate. Its a long, long dark winter they have.

Be nice to have the northern lights displays they get though.

Advertisement