Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Dublin Society event

Options
  • 06-03-2017 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭

Got an email about this, I'm raging I can't go but might be of interest to some of you.

Below for your information are details of the annual Family History Day which will take place this Saturday in Dublin City Library and Archive, 138-144 Pearse Street, Dublin 2.

Family History Day 11 March 2017

9.45 – 10.00 Registration and Welcome

10.00 – 10.45 Hilary McDonagh, Uncovering our ancestors‘ childhood: children in genealogy records.

10.45 – 11.30 Pádraig Yeates, Widows of the revolution.

11.30 – 12.00 Tea / coffee

12.00 – 12.45 Frank Whearity, A part of Dublin’s industrial heritage: George Watt Ltd, Soho Engineers, Bridgefoot Street, Dublin.

1.00 – 2.00 Lunch (not provided)

2.00 – 2.45 James Robinson, Tracing your family history - my journey.

2.45 – 3.30 Lynn Brady and John Gibney, Genealogical resources and social history at Glasnevin Cemetery Museum.

Advertisement