Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Rail - Fare/Ticket Question

• 17-09-2009 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

Quick question, as I was wondering what ticket was the best value for me that would also hopefully mean I don't have to queue up at a station every morning making me late from work.

I'm starting a new job next week in Grand Canal Dock with a start time of 8am and I'm commuting from Tyrrelstown, I'm getting a lift to Castleknock station each morning, of which I'm then getting either the 6.39 or 6.59 commuter service to Conolly which arrives at 7.00 or 7.21, then getting a dart from there to Grand Canal Dock.

For my evening journey however I'm getting the dart back to Tara Street, and then changing there for a bus back home.

The problem I have is this
    - If I purchase a 7 day ticket between Castleknock and Grand Canal Dock, it means it is not valid to get off at Tara Street in the evening.
    - The way around this is to get a 7 day ticket from Tara Street to Grand Canal Dock, and then get a signle each day from Castleknock to Tara Street - but I'm worried I will be queuing ages for tickets.

Does anyone know what the best way is for me to do this without breaking any rules or breaking the bank?

Would the Adult 7 Day Short Hop or monthly short hop do it as it includes rail bus and dart or is it a long medium or huge hop, as I can't fdind any definitions.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

J_Dublin15 wrote: »
    - If I purchase a 7 day ticket between Castleknock and Grand Canal Dock, it means it is not valid to get off at Tara Street in the evening.

I don't think you'll have any problem doing this. While it Technically is not allowed you would have to change trains at Connolly or Pearse anyway so you can do this without worrying.

I think the short hop is what you want anyway to include the bus.

Short hop is valid within Maynooth/Greystones/Cellbridge/Balbriggan. Medium and Long hop are bigger zones and include Bus Eireann services also. Hope this helps somewhat.

Advertisement