Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DART Users (Monthly/Weekly tickets)

Options
  • 08-05-2009 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,183 ✭✭✭✭

I am no longer a student so was wondering how much a weekly or monthly Dart ticket costs (weighing up if it costs more than the return fare each day)

There is absolutely nothing on the Dart.ie website about it unfortunately.

What are people paying?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

http://www.irishrail.ie/your_ticket/fares_enquiries.asp#dart

does your employer operate the taxsaver scheme? if so better prices available here
    www.taxsaver.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 26,183 ✭✭✭✭noodler

dereko1969 wrote: »
    http://www.irishrail.ie/your_ticket/fares_enquiries.asp#dart

does your employer operate the taxsaver scheme? if so better prices available here
    www.taxsaver.ie

Sorry to sound ungrateful but that link doesn't have the information I am asking for.

Just want to know the price of a basic monthly or weekly Dart ticket.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I think the irishrail link does have the information you are looking for

At the top of the page there is a DART fare section where you can choose the stations you use and it gives you the prices

I get the dart to work a daily return for me costs 4.70 a weekly ticket costs 22.80.
    With the weekly ticket though i can use it anytime i.e. going to and from work and any other dart journeys on those days as well as on the weekends. so it works out alot cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

RTFM!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,247 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It may depend on whre you are travelling between and how often. If you are only going one stop a few times a week, day returns might be best. If doing Bray-Malahide a few times a day, monthly or annual would be best.

Note that you can get point to point and DART-wide tickets.

http://www.railusers.ie/passenger_info/fares_matrix.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

Victor wrote: »
    It may depend on whre you are travelling between and how often. If you are only going one stop a few times a week, day returns might be best. If doing Bray-Malahide a few times a day, monthly or annual would be best.

Note that you can get point to point and DART-wide tickets.

http://www.railusers.ie/passenger_info/fares_matrix.php

I would strongly suggest that you don't rely on information from that particular link. I know for a fact that some of it is wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭zacseph

Slightly off topic, but conversely, I'm about to start college and wondering if there are any student tickets available for the Dart line?
    I'm lookin at going from connolly to monkstown return 5 times a week for the next year, so...

Yes there are. Get a student travelcard firstly and then go to the station and ask them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭zacseph

fh041205 wrote: »
    Yes there are. Get a student travelcard firstly and then go to the station and ask them.
    Well, i got the student travel card, but i was lookin to check the prices of them before i go tomorrow so i can work out if it's worth it... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭markpb

I would strongly suggest that you don't rely on information from that particular link. I know for a fact that some of it is wrong.

Have you contacted them to let them know about the mistakes? They're trying to provide a service that Irish Rail astonishingly haven't bothered about so I'm sure they'd be glad of the help.

• Advertisement

The Irish rail booking office staff are there for this precise purpose. To answer queries about tickets. Either ring them or go into them before you post it up on boards. If you start off here instead of going to IR first then you've got it ars*ways IMO.

Also, I have no time for RUI. In any case, most people wouldn't be able to make head nor tail of the fares if they were given the full comprehensive explanation for them. Thats why they have booking office staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭markpb

The Irish rail booking office staff are there for this precise purpose. To answer queries about tickets. Either ring them or go into them before you post it up on boards. If you start off here instead of going to IR first then you've got it ars*ways IMO.

Your answer, while technically correct, shows the same attitude to the internet as Irish Rail - an early 90s one. There are plenty of people who prefer to look up information on the internet, who want to find out the price before they get there, who don't have a phone number for Irish rail (but would have to use their *website* to find it) or who are on their way to the station and want to have the correct change ready.

Yea I agree. Its a serious shortfall and a particularly important element of any public transport company in the modern age. However, the person I replied to here falls into none of those categories from what he/she has said so far (lets presume he). He hasn't asked for a phone number, and given that he has access to the internet should be able to find this by himself. Also, he clearly is not on his way to the station or under any real time contraints as he started this on Saturday, 2 days before he intends to travel.

Besides, I don't know the answer to his question anyway.:D So I just pointed him in the most reliable direction (i'm sure you'll agree that at least is correct).

Advertisement