Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

racing

Options
  • 23-05-2004 5:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

hey,
    just wanted to know how to get involved in racing (long distance/endurance)
    and if ya can earn any money from it...

thanks,
    beekon...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,578 ✭✭✭uberwolf

money - no. Not unless you're real good.

Getting started? Get on on the bike, (pref a racer) and ride. When you can handle an hour or so by yourself at a reasonable pace(16 17 mph) investigate clubs locally who may well do organised spins from a meeting point. C cat racing is a gentle enough entry into the racing scene and is available from march till sept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 beekon

Can ya not get sponsorship, or if ya do get it, how hard is it to keep them happy?

i can handle that fairly easily. i've been cycling to baltinglass from tallaght at weekends for a while now and i was hoping there'd be ways of earnin some money from doin it...like endurance racing, if there is such a thing... or cross country...

beekon...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,578 ✭✭✭uberwolf

sponsorship only comes with race results sorry to say :)

And even when it does come it is never cash in hand, I've gotten bikes, gear, travel expenses, hotels paid for but never cash in hand. Unless you turn pro the only money you'll get will be prize money, which in Ireland is really significant anyway.

If you browse the other threads in this forum you'll find advice on starting to race and training which you should find useful.

Advertisement