Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post Ras na mBan 2014

Options
13»

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The riders clearly love it, so let's hope the word spreads. This race has grown over recent years and with a bit more support it's going to get even bigger. I know they had some new sponsors this year and hopefully more will come on board in future years to help grow it even more

• Registered Users Posts: 8,056 ✭✭✭buffalo

Beasty wrote: »
    The riders clearly love it, so let's hope the word spreads. This race has grown over recent years and with a bit more support it's going to get even bigger. I know they had some new sponsors this year and hopefully more will come on board in future years to help grow it even more

Has anyone got a pic of the sponsors from the back of the racebook?

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Sr. Assumpta

buffalo wrote: »

I don't have a photo, but it sure is a Beast of a Race Manual this year... it's even graduated to the heady heights of being don, don, don... *A4-sized!

*A4 paper, not A4 rider

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

I see that Gerry Murray was involved (as a motor bike Marshall).
    Thorough gent-have cycled with him a few times. A man who gives a lot to cycling and always has encouraging tips for those around. Classy rider.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

This?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭The Crunch

TV slot heads up:
    NDC Points winner, stage winner and new national road race champion Fiona Meade will be on Ireland AM on TV3 at just after 9.30am.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭com1

FYI. It would appear that Highlights of this years (2014) race are being shown on UK Eurosport on Sunday (05/10/2014) at 2pm. The half hour show will show highlights of all 6 stages

<quote>

You can see the TV highlights of An Post Rás na mBan 2014 on Eurosport from next Sunday and the October schedule for the programme is:

· Sunday 5th - 2pm – British Eurosport

· Monday 6th - 7.30am – British Eurosport

· Tuesday 7th - 8pm – British Eurosport 2

· Friday 10th - 10am – British Eurosport

· Sunday 12th - 6.30am – British Eurosport2

Sunday's first broadcast comes between live coverage of the Tour de l'Eurometropole and the Tour of Lombardy. The show which will air several more times is produced by Eurosport cycling commentator Declan Quigley.

British Eurosport Managing Director David Kerr said, “We are delighted to bringcoverage of Rás na mBan to our viewers again. Cycling is a key sport for the channel and continues to grow in popularity.”

AnPost Rás na mBan race director Valerie Considine said, "I'm very pleased that we've been able to renew our involvement with British Eurosport again in 2014. Thanks to the support of our sponsors, the event continues to grow. We are looking forward to the broadcast which will deliver this great event and showcase Ireland to wider audience."
    </quote>

Looking forward to seeing the Best Irish Team on telly! :D

Here's a view from inside the race from the Orwell camp, a lot of hard work involved on many fronts - between crashes, climbs, surges, splits and just plain being dropped - it's a hard aul' life in the saddle for some!

http://www.orwellwheelers.org/womens-news/708-ras-na-mban-2014

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Lucky the weather was good as I suspect that gazebo may have quickly evaporated with heavy rain or ascended to the skies Mary Poppins-like if the wind had got up:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭The Crunch

UPDATE: The first airing of the show will now be at 8.30pm on Sunday evening:

http://www.rasnamban.com/news/140-update-schedule-change-for-eurosport-broadcast

The broadcast schedule for Lombardy changed... It was always going to be a tight squeeze in between Tour de l'Eurometropole and Lombardy. This is another super slot to get. 8.30pm on a Sunday evening. Eurosport's available in over 14 million homes across Ireland and the UK they tell me. You just have to prise yourself away from 'The Good Old Days' or 'Glenroe' or, perish the thought, your homework, for half an hour!

• Advertisement

The Crunch wrote: »
    UPDATE: The first airing of the show will now be at 8.30pm on Sunday evening:

http://www.rasnamban.com/news/140-update-schedule-change-for-eurosport-broadcast

Superb, thought I was going to miss the first airing due to being out of the country and away from a computer for most of Sunday. Should make it home for 20.30! Will 'Where in the World' with Theresa Lowe be on before it?

Superb,
    As I understand it coverage will focus on the racers and not the hangers-on ....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭outfox

Should make it home for 20.30! Will 'Where in the World' with Theresa Lowe be on before it?

Surely you're too young to remember that?
    Bring back Murphy's Micro Quiz M. Now THAT was a proper quiz show.

Gentle reminder - first screening is in another hour

• Registered Users Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Great show. Really professional job by all concerned.

Beasty wrote: »
    As I understand it coverage will focus on the racers and not the hangers-on ....:pac:

I can't say I'm not disappointed my exclusive interview with associated close-ups did not feature, but really enjoyed what they did show!

Advertisement