Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Tiernan's Winter Spins

Options
  • 25-09-2014 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭

I'm happy to say that the first of our mentored spins will take place on Sunday the 5th of October at 9.30 AM. The meeting point is the entrance to the Parkvale Estate. See our website for directions. http://www.sttiernanscc.com

This will be a guided spin with a designated leader and other experienced club members along to offer instruction on group riding.

We ask that all prospective members (regardless of fitness levels) attend these spins before progressing on to our other group spins held on a Saturday.

As a mentored spin the pace will be controlled and no rider will be left behind. We will regroup at designated points along the route.

However you should be self-sufficient so please bring a mobile phone, spare tubes, tyre levers, a pump and appropriate rain gear if the weather looks iffy. Some money for coffee and a bun is also a good idea.

All riders are welcome to try up to three club spins before joining as long as they have a Cycling Ireland License for insurance reasons.

http://www.cyclingireland.ie/page/membership/types-of-membership

If you are going to come along please email us in advance so we know you are coming.

If you can't make it we plan to hold mentored spins every Sunday AM for the next few months.

If you have any queries feel free to post them here or contact me via PM

St. Tiernan's Cycling Club
    http://www.sttiernanscc.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

Just bumping this as our site is down (Some idiot overextended his knowledge of Wordpress with fatal consequences).

This is the meeting point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

I work Sundays but free (mostly) on Saturdays..typical..

Zyzz wrote: »
    I work Sundays but free (mostly) on Saturdays..typical..

Sent you a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Zen0

I'd be interested in giving these a try, if I can fit it in around family responsibilities. I could do with some motivation at present. How long do you expect the spin to last?

Zen0 wrote: »
    I'd be interested in giving these a try, if I can fit it in around family responsibilities. I could do with some motivation at present. How long do you expect the spin to last?

Hope you can make it. We will be doing around 50+k to start with. Including coffee stop you could expect to be back at the starting point around 12/12.30

• Advertisement

Thanks daragh, I'll let you know closer to the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

might come along to this, been considering joining all summer with a view to starting racing next summer

Many thanks to daragh_ and all for a very enjoyable spin this morning. Good company, nice pace, coffee and cake. Highly recommended.

Thanks for coming out. Think we had 3 Boardsies along today

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ArdRi71

daragh_ wrote: »
    Thanks for coming out. Think we had 3 Boardsies along today

We did indeed, thanks again Daragh. Good crew and enjoyable spin, even rescuing damsels in distress....impressive club!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭mickydcork

Thanks to Daragh and the St. Tiernan's lads today for an enjoyable spin.

Pleasure to meet everyone.

I'll be coming along again if they'll have me?

@mickydcork

Happy to have you along.

Sunday Beginner/Touring Spins will continue over the next few months. 9.30 from Parkvale. Distances will go up gradually over the next few weeks but the general pace and obligatory coffee stop will remain :)

Some of the stronger new riders will be stepping up to the faster groups on Saturdays but there will always be a core group to ride with, so if anyone fancies trying out a Club Spin give us a shout.

Advertisement