Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work about Celtic gods, Thread 2

Options
  • 30-08-2010 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi to all!

Some days ago, I posted the following words on the "Researcher-Forum" of boards.ie:

"With this thread, I want to appeal to everyone who is interested in culture of Celts, their religion and how they developed over the centuries.
    I’m from Vienna and right now working on a project which is part of my final exam in high school – we call it “Matura”. The topic of this project, consisting of a written paper of about 40 pages, is “Celtic Gods”. The focal point is Ireland itself which has two main reasons: On the one hand, it would never be possible to include all countries and regions of Europe which where settled by the Celts into 40 pages, and on the other hand, I’ve been interested in everything around Ireland since five years.
    Now, I want to find out how Christianity influenced the heritage of the Celts, especially their gods and how the latter ones appear in the Christian church in Ireland nowadays.
    You know, even though this work refers to the subjects History and Latin (because of the Latin sources I want to use, e.g. Caesar…), I want to have a special field of the work for this topical point.

It would be great if you could recommend some books or authors to me which resp. who are dealing with this topic, or tell me about your know-how, supposing that you already know something about it, e.g. from university, school and so on…"

I was passed on to this forum - it would be great if I could continue my research with the help of some answers!

Thanks for your efforts,

with kind regards

Ella-Maria

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Get your hands on "Celtic Gods and Heroes" by Marie-Louise Sjoestedt. Might be all you need! Excellent book.

It's a very interesting subject, but it's a bit late now for a proper reply to this thread. Send me a PM if you like and I'll tell you some more books that I can't think of right now, or if you just want to discuss it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

No homework threads please. Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement