Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bus in Northwood

• 15-09-2009 6:35pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I noticed the markings for a bus stop are currently being put in place in Northwood, Santry - just on the part of the road that runs parallel to the Costa Coffee shop etc.

Does anyone know what route will use this? I found a thread talking about bus services in Northwood on neighbours.ie but most of the discussion is from 2007 and suggests it could be the 27b with the 17A also coming in from Santry Ave. (although that doesn't make too much sense to me).

With the recent changes to the routes around there on the back of IKEA opening I'm wondering what route might be going in there... unless the 13 comes out of IKEA, into Northwood as far as the big roundabout and then back out onto Santry Ave. and back onto the Ballymun Road..?

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,492 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I don't know. The 140 is also meant to be extended to IKEA.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=61301533&postcount=618

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

Hope it is not the 140, would be pointless, need a bus that does not get congested at Phibsboro just like the 4, 17a again pointless....

Can get into town 35 minutes to my work door at rushour by car, the 4 takes around 45 minutes to get into O'Connell...add in waiting for the 4 that never comes on time (every ten minutes? Yeah right) add another 20 minutes waiting, then walk to work from O'Connell street looking at 1 hour 15 minutes v's 35 minutes by car...

Problem is Phibsboro, there is no bus lane, yet Dublin Bus insist on driving through it stuck in traffic...adding twenty minutes on the journey..

Not sure what they are doing with the 4, but the bus is full by the second or third stop in Ballymun as it is not every ten minutes, or it appears sometimes they wait for two buses to go at once to cover the problem which leaves peple waiting 20-25 minutes....

Anyway, doubt any bus will be coming through Northwood, bus stop platform areas have been in place down crown plaza end and two beside the gym for 2 years...would not be suprised it is for planning permission purposes...read one recently for the new TLC centre beside the gym...said that 'A bus stop is right outside planned development and talks with Dublin bus are ongoing' - this was a response in relation to parking concerns for visitors etc for the TLC....which the planner took on board...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Easy Rider wrote: »
    Hope it is not the 140, would be pointless, need a bus that does not get congested at Phibsboro just like the 4, 17a again pointless....

Can get into town 35 minutes to my work door at rushour by car, the 4 takes around 45 minutes to get into O'Connell...add in waiting for the 4 that never comes on time (every ten minutes? Yeah right) add another 20 minutes waiting, then walk to work from O'Connell street looking at 1 hour 15 minutes v's 35 minutes by car...

Problem is Phibsboro, there is no bus lane, yet Dublin Bus insist on driving through it stuck in traffic...adding twenty minutes on the journey..

Not sure what they are doing with the 4, but the bus is full by the second or third stop in Ballymun as it is not every ten minutes, or it appears sometimes they wait for two buses to go at once to cover the problem which leaves peple waiting 20-25 minutes....

Anyway, doubt any bus will be coming through Northwood, bus stop platform areas have been in place down crown plaza end and two beside the gym for 2 years...would not be suprised it is for planning permission purposes...read one recently for the new TLC centre beside the gym...said that 'A bus stop is right outside planned development and talks with Dublin bus are ongoing' - this was a response in relation to parking concerns for visitors etc for the TLC....which the planner took on board...

There are two by the gym?

It may well be a planning thing as the stop on one side is on the path just beside an empty spot which is currently being used as a car park of sorts... might be hoping to get new planning for it (perhaps turning it into an official car park and offering 'park and ride' facilities?!

Yeah, you will see the two elevated paths for wheelchair access buses that all stops have now, one across from the side of the Gym outside that new office block and the other beside the trees/green area on the other side, has been there for ages....

But yeah, Northwood management company were consulted by the planning authorities and were told they were in 'talks' with Dublin Bus....the ease fears of issues with parking around the new nursing home going up where the trees are beside the gym....they won't have park and ride in Northwood, is a private road....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wayne2107

two elevated paths

Kessel kerbing ;)

The 27B is the bus that is on the cards for Northwood. Coming in from Ballymun road and out again at Swords road. However the whole private road issue has delayed this for nearly 2 years. Private road me ar*e.

I noticed a Garda checkpoint outside the nursing home recently,is this allowed on a private road, considering its not public??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Steviemak

wayne2107 wrote: »
    I noticed a Garda checkpoint outside the nursing home recently,is this allowed on a private road, considering its not public??

Yes it is. The road is private because it is maintained and paid for by the residents, is on private land and the gates can all be closed at any time, as some are in the evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,492 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Private property, but a public place for the purposes of the Road Traffic Acts.

27B was meant to come in ages ago but the residents (at the crown plaza end) were against it....so not sure if it will get anywhere again, also not sure if the speed of 27B getting into town has improved with the new bus lane at Oscar Traynor road?

Advertisement