Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reommendation on a mountain bike!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,578 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I'm going to have to make a sticky out of one of these :p

I once read that if a seller can't even be arsed cleaning the bike to try and sell it then he probably hasn't maintained it that well. So if you go down and have a look the dirt could be hiding all sorts of little problems. I have no idea re: that bike specifically and the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭cerebus

Originally posted by sound_wave
    thinking of buying this

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=159675

Just wondering what ye all think of it?

thanks

Any review I've seen of this model has said pretty good things for the most part - though some of the stock components are not great.

The stock fork (Suntour I think?) is pretty crappy - looks like it hasn't been upgraded going by the pictures he shows. Also, the groupset is pretty low-end.

Given that he says it is 2 years old, 600 Euros strikes me as being a bit much... I think the RRSP in the UK is about 500 Sterling, so I would offer less than 600.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'd avoid that one - as said about the dirt, looks like there's a little rust on the front disc (could be the picture) which is a pure sign of a damaged disc.

You don't spend over €1000 without knowing a little about bikes, and the fact that he says missing bar ends (forget the name of them) are "damage" worries me a bit.

Nice bike though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

thanks lads, yeah i spotted the rust on the disc brake. Nice bike tho. Ah well ill have to keep looking i suppose

Thanks again

Anyone know of any good trails around the cork area by the way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

I wouldn't recommend that bike, its far too expensive for a start...

Spend 400 euro on a new steel/chromoly entry level bike with front suspension and Vbrakes...dont worry about the shiney fancy stuff, it'll only cause you to ride too carefully, waste money, etc

Most brands are a ripoff in Ireland and most bike shop owners are dickheads, some English brands are relatively inexpensive...

• Advertisement
Advertisement