Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin night transport - Christmas weekend

Options
  • 22-12-2018 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭

Does anybody think there's likely to be any reasonable means of leaving the capital late at night this coming weekend? One occasion last year near Christmas I found that taxis were non-existent, mytaxi just stopped working, and the nightbus disappeared. This just bad luck? I'm not really partial to walking 4 miles at 2 o'clock in the morning in December.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭thomasj

Does anybody think there's likely to be any reasonable means of leaving the capital late at night this coming weekend? One occasion last year near Christmas I found that taxis were non-existent, mytaxi just stopped working, and the nightbus disappeared. This just bad luck? I'm not really partial to walking 4 miles at 2 o'clock in the morning in December.

Friday and Saturday night there is public transport running post the usual operating hours.

Nitelink are running their usual weekend services

Luas are running every 30 minutes up to 3am on the red and green lines.

Irish rail have night services up to 2am on the Maynooth , Northern , Kildare and DART lines

Advertisement