Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY Concrete Shed Base

Options
  • 11-07-2020 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I need a bit of help I am planning to buy a steel shed 10ft x 12ft the company will not provide the base, they recommend a concrete base.

"We advise you allow a 2-inch (5 cm) lip around the base of your garden shed. To calculate the size of base required for the particular shed you wish to build, add 4 inches to the overall base dimensions to ensure an adequate base size. "

I have phone a couple of contractors but most of them are fully booked until next year or expensive, therefore, I am having thoughts of doing it myself.

Depth of 4 inches

I got a quote from a concrete supplier EUR140 but they will just deliver it infront of the house they won't pour it in.

*How does it normally work will they deliver the concrete already mix in a container or something? Can I just buy a wheel barrow and pour it in myself?

*What size timber I need?

*Do I still need to dig 4 inches or just make the wooden frame, level it and pour the concrete?

Advertisement