Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newmarket & York 9th July

• 08-07-2020 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭

Great days racing.

Think Sardinia Sunset will take some beating in the 2:05 York, only 13/8 but form of her two runs to date has her winning this easy.

Interested to see how Lord Campari does at HQ

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭leko99

What about AOBs Dawn Rising and Swiss Ace at HQ?

Was particularly impressed with Dawn Risings first race this season were he got going late to finish an eye catching fourth ahead of Serpentine in 5th and just like Serpentine he relished the extra distance in his next race when he routed the field at Limerick 12 lengths over Yulong Pearlisland who won his next race at Roscommon yesterday.

Swiss Ace beat Tar Heel by 2.5 lengths in his only race and although Tar Heel never franked the form in his next race im hoping the extra furlong to 6f will bring out more improvement in AOBs Kingman colt. At 5/1 he could be value ew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

The Dante is interesting, it's often worth opposing a favourite in it. The favourite Highest Ground could be the next coming, but hype often blinds people and as a son of Frankel Highest Ground has an extra monkey on his back.

Not too sure which one to take him on with. James Doyle should be an able deputy on Cormorant who's available at around 7/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

tryfix wrote: »
    The Dante is interesting, it's often worth opposing a favourite in it. The favourite Highest Ground could be the next coming and Moore is on him instead of the O'Brien runner, but hype often blinds people and as a son of Frankel Highest Ground has an extra monkey on his back.

Not too sure which one to take him on with. James Doyle should be an able deputy on Cormorant who's available at around 7/1.

Oisin is on him with Moore at newmarket

madmoose wrote: »
    Oisin is on him with Moore at newmarket

Thanks madmoose, I must have been tripping when I was looking at the card. Think I'd prefer to be taking on Moore than Murphy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Dayjur

12.25 End zone 5/1
    12.45 Breath of air 6/1
    1.30 Mordred 6/1
    3.35 Exceptional 10/1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

Everyone seems to be on Qaader in the July Stakes. But I still think that Tactical will prove to be one of the best 2yo's come the end of the year.
    I really like him so hopefully he gets the job done today.

Fairly nasty looking day at Newmarket

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Croll

BoldReason wrote: »
    Everyone seems to be on Qaader in the July Stakes. But I still think that Tactical will prove to be one of the best 2yo's come the end of the year.

Easy as you like

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Nice one, BR.

Croll wrote: »
    Easy as you like

Looks a nice prospect. The middle park or the dewhurst would seem the obvious end of season target.

• Advertisement

OM surely got there a bit too soon on Highest ground.

OM surely got there a bit too soon on Highest ground.

Ah, he was supposed to be on a wonder horse. Highest Ground should have been able to put 5L between himself and the field if he was half the horse that the hype merchants were saying that he was.

The horse found little enough under pressure, it's pretty unforgivable for a Frankel Colt to lack a burst of speed.

All is not lost, with Michael Stoute you never know how a horse like Highest Ground might progress at 4.

tryfix wrote: »
    Ah, he was supposed to be on a wonder horse. Highest Ground should have been able to put 5L between himself and the field if he was half the horse that the hype merchants were saying that he was.

The horse found little enough under pressure, it's pretty unforgivable for a Frankel Colt to lack a burst of speed.

All is not lost, with Michael Stoute you never know how a horse like Highest Ground might progress at 4.

I think that's pretty unfair on only the horses 3rd start.
    He showed a great turn of foot to basically go from 2L down to a 1.5L up between the 3 and the 2 and was just out stayed by the winner. I wasn't sure what to make of him before that race but I'd be pretty sure that he is the best horse in that race what that means is anyone's guess. A drop back to a mile or at least some better ground will definitely help.

I looked at this race last night and Old Persian was a 9/2 chance.
    Hitting 13/2 there on the exchange he has to be a bet. A Group 1.5 horse on his day and if he runs to form he will surely beat this lot. He could have other things on his mind at this stage being an entire but ill give him a small chance at the price.

4.10 dame malliot 7/1

I think that's pretty unfair on only the horses 3rd start.
    He showed a great turn of foot to basically go from 2L down to a 1.5L up between the 3 and the 2 and was just out stayed by the winner. I wasn't sure what to make of him before that race but I'd be pretty sure that he is the best horse in that race what that means is anyone's guess. A drop back to a mile or at least some better ground will definitely help.

Ah yeah I'm know I'm being a bit unfair, a 2nd in a high profile G2 is decent form. My scepticism over him is based on his breeding and the hype. He has a 12f pedigree so I don't buy the didn't stay angle. He had the run of the race as the gaps appeared for him as the front runners came back.

The Frankels tend to peak early in their 3yo careers, they are strong horses who can power through the mud and because Highest Ground was so hot on the gallops at Newmarket it's likely that he hasn't too much scope left for improvement. I think it will be very hard for him to improve on this unless he gets put away for a while.

Think I'd give him another chance anyway before writing him off as some hype horse but that's just the way I am.

Dayjur wrote: »
    4.10 dame malliot 7/1

Good shout.

James Doyle giving racing a terrible look there

8.30 Kings creek 8/1

• Advertisement

Franny Norton given a 9 day whip ban for his ride on thunderous after using the whip 14 times inside the final 3 furlongs as opposed to Murphys 5 strikes. Would the places have been reversed if he didn't break the rules? Quite possibly

Dayjur wrote: »
    8.30 Kings creek 8/1

A bigger moron you'd not see on a horse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭deeks

Terebellum must be practically like buying money at around evens in the Falmouth?

Her Queen Anne second looks very good on paper in the context of this race combined with the fact that One Master surely won't stay a mile on soft and Nazeef looks promising but has never even run on anything slower than Good.

deeks wrote: »
    Terebellum must be practically like buying money at around evens in the Falmouth?

Her Queen Anne second looks very good on paper in the context of this race combined with the fact that One Master surely won't stay a mile on soft and Nazeef looks promising but has never even run on anything slower than Good.

I actually think the race will set up perfect for One Master myself. I don't see where the pace is gonna come from and I reckon if she settles she will take a bit of beating. I wouldn't be too worried about the soft for her. Think 7/2 is a great price myself. Game of opinions and all that :)

i'm not having it that the ground is soft at all

Advertisement