Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I make a claim in the small claims court on this or what option is open to me?

Options
  • 06-07-2020 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭

Recently I had a parcel delivered to a popular parcel redirect service based in NI in the hopes it would then be delivered to my home.

According to tracking information on my parcel it arrived there during normal business hours at the start of June however I have never received it.
    The mail redirect company tell me they have no record of receiving it and have really dragged their feet in getting back to me.
    I should say that at the time due to Covid restrictions Royal Mail did not use a signature to verify delivery.

So I have not received my parcel and I think it is most likely lost in this warehouse. The service has not taken money from me for the redirect.

Can I still make a claim with the small claims court to try and enforce the insurance that's supposed to be part of the service to recoup the price of my lost goods - equal to 50 stg ,or am I sunk because they haven't taken any money from my account for the service?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

If the original sender can't prove it was delivered to the redirection company, then I would think they are the ones liable for replacement/refund.

Advertisement