Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drone Insurance

Options
  • 09-06-2020 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭

As a private flyer / hobbyist, do you have third party liability insurance? And if so, where did you purchase it from?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭sumo12

I'm reasonable sure there isn't any available in Ireland unless you are flying commercially....

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Sultan_of_Ping

sumo12 wrote: »
    I'm reasonable sure there isn't any available in Ireland unless you are flying commercially....

Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm finding but I was wondering if that was everyone else's experience.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

I've insured my MA2 with coverdrone for 101e per year (recreational use). They offer cover for UK and Ireland

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Not exactly insurance, more accidental damage cover but I picked up the DJI Care pack when I got the drone direct from DJI, doesn't cover loss or theft but I thought it looked a good option for a newbie who will probably crash it loads of time. Think it's only available to new drones.

https://www.dji.com/ie/service/djicare

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭sumo12

I've insured my MA2 with coverdrone for 101e per year (recreational use). They offer cover for UK and Ireland

Fair play, didn't know about them, thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Cotts72

I'm in the same boat as the OP.. Dji only offer that care for drones registered within 48hrs after activating (which I missed) might check out cover drone

Advertisement