Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cloughjordan House

Options
  • 26-05-2020 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have been looking online online only for wedding venues and keeping coming back to Cloughjordan.
    We really want a 2 night affair, good food and something different so very interested in what they have to offer.
    Does anyone have any idea of pricing? I don't want to go view it and be disapointed if well out of budget. I know venues don't like prices on forums but if you could PM me or give rough idea that would be really helpful - thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I think for a Saturday wedding in summer it was approx €160/€180 a head, min count of 120, you have to fill all the bedrooms or pay for those you don’t fill and there was a venue hire fee of €5000 (I think... def at least €3000) as well. I checked my email but can’t find the brochure i got to double check the figures unfortunately. But I remember it being quite expensive.

I was at a wedding there last year and it was *incredible*. If you’re getting married on site the barn is stunning, the grounds are beautiful.
    The rooms in the house are lovely. Their cosy bar area where breakfast is served and where there’s fires and games is gorgeous! We hung out there the next day had so much fun. The food at the wedding reception was the best I’d ever had at a wedding (and easily better than most restaurants I’ve eaten at!).

Unfortunately a big downside for me was that a lot of the guest accommodation is wooden cabins/pods with shared shower bathroom facilities. We didn’t stay onsite because of this. It was a weekend long wedding and the second morning those bathrooms were ... questionable. We stayed in an Airbnb just 5 min walk away in the ecovillage instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭blue note

I was a guest at a wedding there a couple of years back. We stayed in the cow sheds which were simply nice double rooms. Some people stayed in tipis or the like and shared bathrooms. I wouldn't have been mad about that.

The whole setting was lovely, similar to a lot of the dedicated wedding venues I've been to. But the food was outstanding. Without hesitation it was the best wedding food I've had.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Apologies for bringing up an old thread but can't find information anywhere. Does anyone know how much the accommodation is per night for weddings? I'm sure it varies with the days etc but ballpark figure.

Advertisement