Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Primavera Sound 2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Day tickets not out till tomorrow

Ah right, whoops. I was spreading fake news

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

Missed the boat on tickets but definitely looking at finding tickets someway for this...that lineup is incredible. I've joined the Dice waiting list for tickets that may come available. Does anyone know any other avenues that may be useful in getting hold of tickets? Or anyone know of someone selling? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Kissyfer

I managed to get one from the waiting list last week but waiting on another one. I see on the dice app you can transfer to a friend so would think there would be a way to buy it off someone else not sure how it works though.

Kissyfer wrote: »
    I managed to get one from the waiting list last week but waiting on another one. I see on the dice app you can transfer to a friend so would think there would be a way to buy it off someone else not sure how it works though.

Ok...out of interest when did you put your name on the Dice waiting list?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Kissyfer

I think it was the day after it sold out. Although I thought I had 2 tickets reserved but turned out be one so only put the name down again last Wednesday. Hard to know if will be many available, I did see the last day for refunds was last Wednesday so might be more available soon, hopefully!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

edit: Tix sold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

maximoose wrote: »
    I'm gonna be moving my tickets on and looking at Porto / Nos Alive instead

Bought through the Dice app so transferrable, will prob throw them up on adverts next week but if any one here is interested first PM me!

And I might be selling my Nos tickets, through Dice.

maximoose wrote: »
    edit: Tix sold

Tix Bought :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Birneybau wrote: »
    And I might be selling my Nos tickets, through Dice.

Might be looking for a pair, waiting to hear if we have a wedding to go to!

lordgoat wrote: »
    Might be looking for a pair, waiting to hear if we have a wedding to go to!

PM me when you know the craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Spent this afternoon listening to LSF:

https://open.spotify.com/album/7k5sIne1O7NQ8A5PxnkthN?si=nzvPNKXVRVW2Swx55Rkb9A

"Root for Ruin" is a belter of an album.

Cannot bloody well wait for next summer. They were the whole reason I decided to go to Primavera this year in the first place.

I can't believe it was October 2007 in Crawdaddy was the last time I saw them!

I went to the gig with the guy at the beginning. :0

Got my refund this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Got my refund this morning.

redtkt refund? or dice

redtkt refund? or dice

Dice. A much more pleasant experience than dealing with Ticketbastard.

Dice. A much more pleasant experience than dealing with Ticketbastard.

Absolutely no joy whatsoever with Nos Primavera and anything AT ALL with regards to refunds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭T.V Eye

I got a Friday ticket after a day of queuing, I’ve been in line for a Saturday ticket for a month now. I think it’s a random allocation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mabe

Late to this but wondering how successful people are with waiting list tickets ?

Thanks .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

the way things are going I'm beginning to write off next year too, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭TRANQUILLO

i have tickets for madcool and primavera 2021 but I envisage they will both be cancelled/not worth it if they go ahead.

Spain are on about mandatory masks for all of 2021 vaccine or no vaccine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

TRANQUILLO wrote: »
    i have tickets for madcool and primavera 2021 but I envisage they will both be cancelled/not worth it if they go ahead.

Spain are on about mandatory masks for all of 2021 vaccine or no vaccine.

Spain managed to give the flu vaccine to 14 million people in the space of 8 weeks,

I'm sure if available, they'll get the covid vaccine to the most vulnerable before May.

Regardless of whether or not l have had the vaccine i'll be wearing a mask as a courtesy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭BandMember

Primavera has attendees from further afield than Spain though, and therein lies the problem...

I don't see any festival going ahead next year, much as I hate to say it. However, if they do, they definitely won't be without some restrictions and won't be the same as before.

BandMember wrote: »
    Primavera has attendees from further afield than Spain though, and therein lies the problem...

I don't see any festival going ahead next year, much as I hate to say it. However, if they do, they definitely won't be without some restrictions and won't be the same as before.

thats my fear. i aint paying 350 quid to stand in pods, be segregated, be made wear a mask, be prevented from moshing etc.

and im not getting a vaccine to appease a ticket company ( if they ask). Even if ive had the vaccine its none of their business.

eager to see the strokes but i want a proper concert not a poor impersonation of a festival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I have a weekend ticket but can't go now. Can I resell it?

I just want to go to something.

I don't think I'm alone here.

I just want to go to something.

I don't think I'm alone here.

No, you most definitely are not alone on that one!

Unfortunately, reality dictates it's gonna be a long wait though. :(

I know. This is the longest I have ever gone without live music.

Last gig I made it to was Twilight Sad in October last year in The Button Factory. I flew out to Japan for the RWC the next day, which was the reason for a quiet January and February gig wise. Sigh.

I know. This is the longest I have ever gone without live music.

Last gig I made it to was Twilight Sad in October last year in The Button Factory. I flew out to Japan for the RWC the next day, which was the reason for a quiet January and February gig wise. Sigh.

Same as! It's been so long now that I'm actually struggling to remember who was the last gig I was at! :o

Wearing a mask all day in that heat is horrific folks.

i just don't see it going ahead in June. We are 28 weeks away.

I'm hopeful, maybe they'll put it back to August again?
    Got to a few gigs early in the year thank god.

• Advertisement

sweetie wrote: »
    I'm hopeful, maybe they'll put it back to August again?
    Got to a few gigs early in the year thank god.

Correction: You THINK you have a few gigs early in the new year. I think any gig which has been listed as Jan-June 2021 has only been done as a placeholder. Realistically, they're going to be moved again into at least Q3 2021 onwards.

I really hate to rain on people's parades, but you have to be realistic. Trust me, there's nobody that wants to see the return of gigs and "normality" than me!! Anyway, back to Primavera chat. Sorry for dragging it off topic. :o

i think sweetie meant early in 2020.

---

TBF, I think we're al being very realistic, but it's nice to hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Allegedly moving to 9th-11th September....

Ooph. Time to book those hostels again.

Lots in Barcelona already unavailable to book, seems more like they're just no accepting bookings at the moment though, rather than half the city being booked out already.

Parklife and Lovebox have moved to that weekend already, speculation that All Points East will be moving to a weekend around then too.

Lots in Barcelona already unavailable to book, seems more like they're just no accepting bookings at the moment though, rather than half the city being booked out already.

Parklife and Lovebox have moved to that weekend already, speculation that All Points East will be moving to a weekend around then too.

Just rebooked the same places I have for June.

Once confirmed I'll cancel June's.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Is there anything online about this?

I haven't found anything but I remember the pain trying to change bookings last year so I didn't want to risk it.

officially, no.

Some chatter on efests about it though, including one poster who seemingly knows someone at PS (and called the 2020 date move early), and another person whose friend runs a LiveNation festival and said the same.

the hotel opposite the site where lots of artists/staff stay is apparently booked out that whole weekend too.

Could be a different weekend in September, or maybe even late August/early October, but either way, it seems June isn't happening.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

officially, no.

Some chatter on efests about it though, including one poster who seemingly knows someone at PS (and called the 2020 date move early), and another person whose friend runs a LiveNation festival and said the same.

the hotel opposite the site where lots of artists/staff stay is apparently booked out that whole weekend too.

Could be a different weekend in September, or maybe even late August/early October, but either way, it seems June isn't happening.

True. I suppose it is no harm to book somewhere with free cancellation on the off chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Really? I kinda suspected they might do this. I have my ticket for last year's one which is valid for 2021, but I've held off booking flights and accomodation because I thought maybe the usual end of May / start of June would be too soon for it this year, for the obvious reason. Haven't read through the thread, but what I can say is there is always accomodation to be had in Barcelona city centre even shortly before it. (I've been going for years).
    Must investigate this! I'd be happier if it was put back to September, hopefully this whole shít show will be behind us then and it'll be a brilliant buzz.

• Advertisement

ballache. Had hopes for this.

Same.

I'll be holding onto the tickets anyway. The money is sunk now at this stage.

2022 is gonna be some summer.

I wonder will they still give us all the free stuff that they gave us for rolling over last year. e.g.

A credit of 10% of the value of your ticket to spend at Primavera Sound 2021.
    Exclusive 24-hour early bird 2022 presale.
    15% discount for a ticket for a friend for the 2021 edition.
    Exclusive edition of Primavera Sound's 20th anniversary book.
    A commemorative T-shirt for Primavera Sound's 20th anniversary.

It's not a deal breaker if they don't follow through with it, but it was a nice touch to reflect the fact that they're conscious that people are without the ticket price for 2 years

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭dublinkeith

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN2CG0ZX
    Bad news for overseas visitors if they split the line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭antifyre

Quite possibly the same lineup over two weekends, like Coachella? They’re gonna have a lot of holdover tickets now, if they do the same gigs twice, maybe it ensures that a tonne of people don’t lose out. (Already planted the seed of a week away should I be wrong though!!)

Lineup out on 25th May.

On the bottom at the end of the vid it says "Primavera 202x2", which could be an indication that the two weekend thing is true

https://twitter.com/Primavera_Sound/status/1392509935838285824

two weekends/11 days confirmed. Your ticket let's you choose one weekend or purchase upgrade to both

_________

PRIMAVERA ...ANNIVERSARY

Primavera Sound 2022 will run for two weekends in Barcelona and Sant Adrià de Besòs to celebrate its 20th anniversary
    May 21, 2021

Two years without Primavera Sound could only result in a Primavera Sound like no other. The twentieth anniversary of the Barcelona festival, after the enforced fallow due to the postponement of the 2020 and 2021 editions, will be the most important edition in its history. In tune with the expectations generated and the desire of the fans, Primavera Sound will multiply its duration in 2022: from Thursday 2nd to Sunday 12th June, over 400 artists will perform in an unprecedented lineup for an urban festival worldwide. This was announced this morning at a press conference by the festival directors Alberto Guijarro and Alfonso Lanza, accompanied by the mayor of Barcelona,Ada Colau.

There will be 11 days of uninterrupted concerts that will have their main days in the Parc del Fòrum during two weekends, from June 2nd to 4th and from June 9th to 11th, and that on Sunday, June 12th, will close with the Brunch -On The Beach party a real feast of live music. In between, from June 5th to 8th, a spectacular edition of Primavera a la Ciutat will spread over 150 concerts around different venues in Barcelona,while Primavera Pro will also strengthen its relevance as a strategic meeting point for the industry. Given the rumours and the curiosity provoked by the new festival logo, it should be clarified that the weekend lineups will be completely different from one another, except for some prominent artists who will play at both. We are proud to confirm that most of the artists of the 2021 edition will remain at the festival and will be joined by dozens and dozens of new names that will, as always, reflect the essence of contemporary music.

The challenge is enormous, but so is the exceptional nature of the situation: when confronted with a mortally wounded industry, the only way is a superlative response. In the face of two years with practically no work or revenue for artists and their teams, concert venues and all sectors directly or indirectly involved in live music, the largest edition of Primavera Sound ever seen.

At the same time, today we announce the creation of the Fundació Primavera Sound, which is born with the aim of bringing together all the corporate social responsibility actions that were already taking place in the festival to expand, focus and integrate them into the day-to-day life of Sant Adrià de Besòs and the neighbourhoods of Besòs i el Maresme and Diagonal Mar, where its headquarters will be located. It will be a space where music, education, social integration, feminism and sustainability meet and become the focus of the new institution, which has been created with an initial endowment of 200,000 euros.

But first, we must unveil the impressive lineup that will take us back to the Parc del Fòrum next year. Next Tuesday, May 25th, practically all the artists who will participate in the twentieth anniversary of Primavera Sound will be revealed. This week Antònia Font was the first band to be confirmed: the Mallorca band will reunite to perform at the festival after announcing their separation in 2013, now as the unequivocal reference of pop sung in Catalan. Their return was anticipated by one of the now traditional giant banners hanging in the centre of Barcelona, this time bearing the word “alegria!”. It was obvious that it was the Balearic group, just as it is obvious that the twentieth anniversary of Primavera Sound, that of the extended edition, that of the two weekends, that of anticipation, is going to be the one at which joy returns to live music.

TICKET INFORMATION

All tickets already purchased for the 2020 and 2021 editions will allow ticket holders to attend Primavera Sound 2022 Barcelona - Sant Adrià. The buyer must choose in the case of full festival tickets, between one of the two weekends, and it will also be possible to purchase an upgrade to be able to go to both weekends; in the case of day tickets, between one of the six main days at the Parc del Fòrum, regardless of which weekend.

According to them on twitter, the first weekend will basically be the 2021 lineup with some minor changes.
    The second weekend will mostly be a whole new lineup, with a few of the prominent acts playing both weekends.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

2 weeks in Barcelona. Didn't think I'd have to consider this...

• Advertisement
Advertisement