Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law & Criminology or Pure Law Degree?

Options
  • 12-07-2020 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My partner is currently in a dilemma. She is to enter Second Year in a BCL Law & Criminology degree in Maynooth University in September, but is concerned about whether this is the right decision. She has the option to move into an LLB Law degree and is not sure whether this might be a better idea. She would like to have all of the job prospects that someone who has done a pure Law or Criminology degree would have, would appreciate any advice on this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Hi,

My partner is currently in a dilemma. She is to enter Second Year in a BCL Law & Criminology degree in Maynooth University in September, but is concerned about whether this is the right decision. She has the option to move into an LLB Law degree and is not sure whether this might be a better idea. She would like to have all of the job prospects that someone who has done a pure Law or Criminology degree would have, would appreciate any advice on this.

That would depend on what area she hopes to move into, different doors are opened by choosing different pathways, without being completely obtuse, it is your partners decision to make, advice from her college lecturers would be more appropriate.
    No matter which pathway she chooses, opportunities will be there for work.(probably)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Fruks

OP, what area does she want to work in? Does she want to be a lawyer and, if so, working in what area?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

As long as she covers all the subjects required for the Inns / Law Society surely having 'something extra' is a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Diana_Diamond

Hi,

I have just sent you a Private Message.

Kind regards,

Diana

Advertisement