Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing lost prox tags hkc quantum

Options
  • 07-07-2020 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

We've moved into our new house which has a hkc quantum 70 alarm. The vendor only supplied 2 prox tags. In total there should have been 4 prox tags but the last 2 the original owner cannot find!

Is there any way i can remove the 2 lost prox tags from the system?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Tomi1970 wrote: »
    We've moved into our new house which has a hkc quantum 70 alarm. The vendor only supplied 2 prox tags. In total there should have been 4 prox tags but the last 2 the original owner cannot find!

Is there any way i can remove the 2 lost prox tags from the system?

Cheers

Prox tags are not really popular here, but in order to remove them from your system you will need access to the systems programming menu. Do you have engineer access to your system or can you contact the installer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Tomi1970

kub wrote: »
    Prox tags are not really popular here, but in order to remove them from your system you will need access to the systems programming menu. Do you have engineer access to your system or can you contact the installer ?

Out of interest why are the prox tags not popular?

I've managed to remove them from the system

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Tomi1970 wrote: »
    Out of interest why are the prox tags not popular?

I've managed to remove them from the system

Well done on that.

As regards their lack of popularity here, well people in general have a habit of putting such tags on their key rings with all their other keys.

So if they lose their keys or of they are stolen etc, not only can their front door be opened but also their alarm can be disarmed.

If there is no tag on the key ring then the challenge of a random code is a lot more difficult to switch off an alarm system.

Advertisement