Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2019 T20 World Cup Qualifiers

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Delaney out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

84/3 12.2 overs

Balbirnie out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,796 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Didn’t need that, should have taken an over to reconstruct and consolidate after their strong start....

Thats that you would have to fancy. Very poor stuff from Balbirnie and KOB in particular

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Shakey_jake

Ughhhhh disaster

Oh no ...

10 an over required too

KevIRL wrote: »
    10 an over required too

When you are struggling to get more than a run a ball that looks to be it really.

Very poor shot. Game almost over.

• Advertisement

Wilson out

5 wickets down now, not looking good

Five overs to go, they need to throw caution to the wind.... as I say that another one skywards and caught... not every boundary shot needs to be a 6..

Adair out

Jesus christ what a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Ooph, Tector gone now too. Sinking quickly.

The third hat trick ball an Irish batsman has faced this game.

He leaves that it’s a wide, not smart batting.

Thompson out

Young out

• Advertisement

Our inability here to find the boundary is killing us... all ones and twos and then a vertical shot presenting easy catches.

The Dutch have really been very good but very comfortable mainly due to our inadequate performances with the bat.

It's like one step forward two steps back with Irish cricket.

137/9 in the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

I see Wilson the walking wicket failed again. Averaging just over 7 in this tournament, what exactly does he do?

PNG beat Namibia to make the final v netherlands. Namibia v Ireland tomorrow in the 3rd place match

I see Wilson the walking wicket failed again. Averaging just over 7 in this tournament, what exactly does he do?

Makes dodgy decisions to field after winning the toss?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Derco

Usually comes in in the middle overs, wastes a lot of deliveries and then gets out. I don't want to bash the guy but he's a liability at this stage. The three games we lost were perfect opportunities for him to hit a captain's knock but he bombed each time.

Tucker should get a shot behind the stumps tomorrow and if he gets runs I'd keep him there for the West Indies tour in January

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭VillaMad

Derco wrote: »
    Usually comes in in the middle overs, wastes a lot of deliveries and then gets out. I don't want to bash the guy but he's a liability at this stage. The three games we lost were perfect opportunities for him to hit a captain's knock but he bombed each time.

Tucker should get a shot behind the stumps tomorrow and if he gets runs I'd keep him there for the West Indies tour in January

Wilson has only 2 50's in his last 38 matches at ODI level, just 3 50's in 64 innings in T20 Internationals and got two ducks in his last test match against England in May.

He is a decent keeper but hardly irreplaceable at that position. He has been awful for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

I think he’s been in the squad a year too long anyway.

My worry is that replacing him now would mean that tucker would have to perform well straight away. That’s a fair amount of pressure on him.

Even if they had made the change 3 months ago he would’ve had 10 games under his belt

• Advertisement

For the good of Irish cricket Wilson needs to go, surely we must have someone else who can be wicket keeper

120-8 against Namibia, 2 overs left

135 all out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Two early wickets and Namibia are 14/2 off 4 overs. I know there have been patches of some games where the bowling has gone off the boil a bit (the last few overs of the Netherlands game for example) but I've been very impressed with the bowling unit - Rankin, Adair and Young have all looked good (as did Delany before the injury), G. Delany has been impressive too. There are bound to be some teething issues with some young batters Delany, Tector etc, but a worrying bit has been the lack of a middle order. Wilson hasn't offered much with the bat, and their final all-rounder spot hasn't really fired either.

Happy with that? can we call it a successful tournament for us then?

Obviously we have qualified which is great, im not taking that away from us at all but over the coarse of the tournament i think some of the collapses could have been avoided.

A lot done more to do basically,

Off to the big hoolie in OZ :D

Netherlands won the tournament in the end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

KevIRL wrote: »
    Netherlands won the tournament in the end

Quote, fairplay to them, we got what we wanted, just need to qualify in the 2 stop slots now in GRP A at te IC World CUP Prelim(ish_.

P W L T NR Pts NRR
    Sri Lanka 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.000
    Papua New Guinea 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.000
    Ireland 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.000
    Oman 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.000

Advertisement