Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation Forum

Options
  • 09-10-2020 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭

Sorry to be blunt here, but the forum has really gone downhill in the last couple of years. There has always been an nasty element on it who give biased legal advice but lately it seems to have become more extreme.

The Mods also turn a blind eye to trolling from certain posters who are the ones giving extreme information and in one case actually joined in with the poster. I feel sorry for OP's who ask and I will admit today on thread I went too far, but this is coming from months of frustration with the mods. As per the forum charter, legal advice is not allowed, but having reported posts in the past and witnessing no result or changes, that point is not in anyway controlled.

I have a few examples below, but is it possible to either a) ensure legal advice is not given b) have appointed with enough legal knowledge to moderate. I'm not against discussion but it should be within a framework and not allowed to be degraded by those who are posting nonsense. Personally I feel that all the moderate posters have left this forum and it is only the extremists left.

Also, which is relevant to HAP there is a term in the equal status act s13 which some of the posts have possibly been in breach of. There has been commentary on this regarding the liability of the publisher of such information as well. There is an example below of a poster who directly advised a OP in relation to a measure that is highly likely prohibited on the HAP ground. This post remains on the site.

Today's example: Trolling permitted by niner lep and Davo on this thread. I did receive an infraction from a mod that has been very disrespectful to me on a earlier thread (see links below).....I'll admit I was out of line, but you can see there was is a line of posting that is unacceptable and tolerated by the mods leading up to that point. As it stands there is outrageously silly remarks on the thread.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058111363/1

This is the thread where direct legal advice was given.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058108874/1

And the mod mentioned earlier failed to stop the advice but rather split the thread and joined in. Note davo and his behavior towards the default position on acceptance of Hap.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058109186/1

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,559 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

davindub wrote: »
    but having reported posts in the past and witnessing no result or changes, that point is not in anyway controlled.

Could you please confirm when you last reported a problem post

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭davindub

Beasty wrote: »
    Could you please confirm when you last reported a problem post

Hi,

It was a couple of years ago admittedly. There was a poster who regularly posted regarding on how to discriminate on the HAP ground and general misinformation.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,559 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Don't you think it's a bit disingenuous starting a thread here about what has happened "lately", making a point about having reported posts "in the past" then acknowledging you have not done so for a "couple of years" (it's actually 3 years since the report you are referring to and 1 year 10 months since you last reported anything in the A&P forum - you cannot search your posts in the reported post forum but I can see them)

Please report posts you have an issue with rather than heading over here to complain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭davindub

Beasty wrote: »
    Don't you think it's a bit disingenuous starting a thread here about what has happened "lately", making a point about having reported posts "in the past" then acknowledging you have not done so for a "couple of years" (it's actually 3 years since the report you are referring to and 1 year 10 months since you last reported anything in the A&P forum - you cannot search your posts in the reported post forum but I can see them)

Please report posts you have an issue with rather than heading over here to complain

Not really, I have been honest here and did say I reported posts in the past with no action from the mods. My point is that the mods are not following the charter which surely should be applied with or without a report from me, which I am not inclined to do based on previous experiences.

The two threads are recent examples of what some posters are permitted to post, and I don't think it is unreasonable to suggest some effort is made to apply the charter moving forward.

Anyway, I have drawn the matter of s13 in the equal status act to your attention and the mods certainly are aware of the posts in question.

Closing this up as the user has failed to follow the correct process

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement