Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

most annoying ads of all time

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

There was an ad running a few years ago about how some bank or other were 'backing brave'. Always made me want to throw a brick at the telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

AIB and they're still running those ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭seagull

You've forgotten a poo at Paul's. I have no idea what the ad was for.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

seagull wrote: »
    You've forgotten a poo at Paul's. I have no idea what the ad was for.

Wasn't it for air freshener?

The smell of sh!t off that ad was horrendous!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭branie2

That registered gas installer ad with Rosemary Henderson and Daniel o'Donnell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭skylight1987

30 yrs later this will still lodge in my head sometimes

they go with beans ,bangers ,bacon ,burgers ,
    fish fingers a fish fingers
    eggs on eggs off
    grill um, bake um, fry um, eat um .
    birdseye potato waffles so waffley versatile :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Gawwwd that axa ad is brutal stuff.

“What about the birds? They’re people too”

• Registered Users Posts: 15,808 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The clever woman/dopy man set up for ads.

Man can't find his own arse and smartypants woman saves the day. Imagine the outcry if roles were reversed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Mikmon

lurker2000 wrote: »
    I've thought another last one ... . whoever voices the Frog character at Aquazone .. an adult pretending be a child voice. urgggg.

Yes that Aquazone radio ad is back on this summer, 2019. I have to say its the most annoying ad ever and there are a lot of annoying ads. Its not just her squeaky kids voice effort but also her faux Californian accent. Imagine the scene : its that midsummer period where the summer camps are over and its not yet time to go on holidays. You are trying to get boring practical stuff done like gardening and painting. You are returning from a trip to Woodies with the kids, who of course are bored senseless. This ad comes on. Of course the kids in the back seat hear this horrible high pitched fakeness above the monotonous radio drone and pester you to bring them to Aquazone, believing it to be some version of Disneyland on water! You cant quite believe that your kids fell for this cynical advertising ploy and every fibre of your being screams

"No, we are not some cultureless American colony that falls for this s##t!! I will not bring you!!"

But instead you mumble the inevitable "We'll see". The kids take this as a yes and get all excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Any ad with a a human voicing over a animal - such as a 'talking dog' as if thats going to entice me to spend money.
    95% of all ads on TV are terrible .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

That grot Deirdre O Kane on that appliances direct ad. Fu5king horrendous.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Yeah, that “Aquazone” frog and the “Go Loud” one are both incredibly irritating on the radio these days.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 15,808 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

That grot Deirdre O Kane on that appliances direct ad. Fu5king horrendous.

That squawking, screeching eejit is on non stop these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

All chewing gum ads boil my piss.

The latest is Orbit ...’I don’t know if we should kiss, I mean you’re a zombie...<flicks back hair and has gum>...but I’m kind of hot...&#55358;&#56620;

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

"GO LOUD..... dum dum dum dum....... GO LOUD"

That ****ing annoying radio/podcast whatevertafuk yoke you here on the radio.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

This thread is older than most of the posters on here

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Weetabix

Jack and the beanstalk ad :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

This thread is older than most of the posters on here

Jayzus, a 20 year old thread still going - I don't think there are many of them!

Also agree on the Aquazone ad, it makes me want to rip my face off.

The first Aussie hair conditioner ad. Seemed to be on ALL the time.

The Harvey Norman ad. Too loud at the end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,784 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Any ad with a a human voicing over a animal - such as a 'talking dog' as if thats going to entice me to spend money.
    95% of all ads on TV are terrible .

That talking insurance dog is on the radio, too.
    Kind of annoying but bareable.
    There's a new ad on the radio this week for the Plaza filling stations with a talking horse.
    Thing is, they used the same actor as for the dog!

Deidre O Kane is really doing my head in, too.

Advertisement