Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illness Benefit

Options
  • 11-11-2019 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi all,

Sent in my original IB forms about a month ago, it seem to be approved within ten days. I received 2 days of payment arrears, but nothing since. I've just sent in my 4th cert. There's been no updates on the mywelfare.ie account either. Would this be normal, or should I start making a few calls?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭hawthorne

Did you sent in the old IB form or the new one?
    Same about the certs- if it is still the old ones, it might take some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

I've been on this for over one year. And it annoys me that after the feck up after they changed systems leaving many of us without money we don't get a bonus while people who have never paid prsi do. It just doesn't make sense. It says that people on long term benefit which is over 15 months will get it but why not include IB. Shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭wifey28

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    I've been on this for over one year. And it annoys me that after the feck up after they changed systems leaving many of us without money we don't get a bonus while people who have never paid prsi do. It just doesn't make sense. It says that people on long term benefit which is over 15 months will get it but why not include IB. Shocking.

IB is a short term payment which is why it doesnt get the xmas bonus.

Also whats this about people never paying prsi getting the bonus? Most who get the bonus are on long term payments (most of whom will have worked right up to being unable to do so for whatever reason) and those unfortunate enough to be on jobseekers for more than 15 months could very well be absolutely reliant on that bonus to make xmas happen for kids etc.

Ive been there, husband made redundant 2 weeks before xmas, and we didnt qualify for the bonus until the 3rd xmas he was out of work, it sucked majorly! Our rent was 80% of our welfare payment and that was with a measly 'rent allowance sum'

Dont begrudge people whos shoes you havent had to walk in

Advertisement