Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would I be entitled to jobseekers benefit?

Options
  • 05-11-2019 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭

I have been working full time for the last year and seven months in a call centre.

Would I have enough prsi contributions to claim jobseekers benefits /stamps for a while? Or will I have to get a contribution statement to show this? Can anyone take an estimate?

Im becoming quite depressed and down due to the environment and non active work etc sitting down all day, putting on weight and feel like I'm getting really lazy..

Think I am going to leave

Would it be possible I can claim the benefit instead of allowance after this amount of time full time working?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

I have been working full time for the last year and seven months in a call centre.

Would I have enough prsi contributions to claim jobseekers benefits /stamps for a while? Or will I have to get a contribution statement to show this? Can anyone take an estimate?

Im becoming quite depressed and down due to the environment and non active work etc sitting down all day, putting on weight and feel like I'm getting really lazy..

Think I am going to leave

Would it be possible I can claim the benefit instead of allowance after this amount of time full time working?

JSB is only paid if you've made 104 prsi contributions since you started working, then you might be eligible.

Usually counted as one per week of full time employment so you would have approx 76 (depends on paid/unpaid leave etc) from your current role, unless you've worked elsewhere then you likely will not qualify for JSB.

If you leave a job voluntarily you could be looking at up to 9 weeks wait before the benefit kicks in.

All criteria here https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/unemployed_people/jobseekers_benefit.html

Spruce up the CV and see what's out there, you never know you might find something more suitable.

Advertisement