Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV can't find RTE 1

Options
  • 24-10-2019 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi --

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but I can't tune RTE1 to my tv (Samsung UE40NU7120).

When I go to Guide, the channel list starts at 2, with RTE2.

I've tried with all the combinations of scan settings: terrestrial/cable, digital/analogue/both

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭StreetLight

Saorview is transmitted on two frequencies, called multiplexes. RTE1 is on one multiplex, while RTE2 is on the other. If you are only receiving one and not the other, then there is a problem with your aerial installation.

Check the Saorview website to see if you're using the right aerial for your location, that it's pointed in the right direction and the cable from the aerial to the TV is of good quality.

Advertisement