Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Uk stations on Finlux box?

Options
  • 17-02-2014 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

Have a Finlux Sao 634 box. Its only giving me the Irish stations. Have a saorview telly and its giving me English and Irish stations so the aerial is doing its job. Anyone know why the box is not giving me uk stations in my house? It was previously in my mothers house where it worked fine.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,502 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Qprmeath wrote: »
    Anyone know why the box is not giving me uk stations in my house? It was previously in my mothers house where it worked fine.

Signal strength/quality issue maybe.

Have you tested the Finlux receiver at the TV where the UK channels are working OK?

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

The Cush wrote: »
    Signal strength/quality issue maybe.

Have you tested the Finlux receiver at the TV where the UK channels are working OK?
    Box not giving me uk stations at any tv point im my house but a saorview approved tv is. I live near Balbriggan so I don't think Uk signal is an issue. Is changing frequency on the box any benefit?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

So you haven't retuned the box since you brought it to your own house?

If not, just do a full auto retune. It's possible the aerial in the other house is set up for a different transmitter.

Peter Rhea wrote: »
    So you haven't retuned the box since you brought it to your own house?

If not, just do a full auto retune. It's possible the aerial in the other house is set up for a different transmitter.

I have retuned the stations a few times with no change

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

It's possible the signal for the UK channels is just on the borderline between usable & unusable &, the TV can just get that little bit extra out of it.

• Advertisement

Got them all just now. Think my aerial was still thru Sky box but once I connected it direct they all came up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Qprmeath wrote: »
    Got them all just now. Think my aerial was still thru Sky box but once I connected it direct they all came up.

You can now loop it back through the Sky box for the other rooms (using the aerial output on the Finlux).

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭saorviewseeker

Is there a satalite input on this.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

We don’t drag up old threads

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement