Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Insuring 2002 wrx Impreza

Options
  • 08-11-2019 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hi all im 32 I have full driving licence no pentalty points full ncb. I have a 2002 wrx just got it back after getting full engine rebuild new clutch new brakes new timing belt im after spending a lot on it so I wanna drive it.
    Iv priced around a few insurance companies and they wont give me a price the one that did give me a price quoted 2000 fully comp . that's a rip off.

anyone have similar issues and got better deals ? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

The age of it doesn't help unfortunetly. Is it a jap import also? As painful as it is, it might cheaper to have it on a classic policy and to then buy a cheap run around for everyday driving.

If you can, add a named driver, I.e. The other half / gf or even a parent as this may bring down the premium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Jake5991

No it was uk I vrted it myself. after spending a load of cash on it . il try add people on it so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Whocare

I was paying 1200 third party for 320cd had to get rid of it a buy cc comprehensive 550 .2000 I think that just way insurance is gone

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I daily a similar type loaded by insurance companies Japanese car around the same age. As per usual with the Irish insurance industry don't look for anything approaching logic. The broker I'd been with since the 80's :eek: and had been around the same price as anyone else I'd tried for years suddenly a few years back couldn't get a quote for me that didn't require a large whisky and a lay down, so I went hunting.

I found Simplyinsure.ie had the best quote and were sound to deal with. Half of some(a quarter of one...) others. That was fine for two years then last year it jumped up 30%, again for no logical effin reason. I rang around and actually for the laugh tried chill.ie. I thought they'd dismiss me outa hand as they had before, but they came back with a quote that was around half of the original simplyinsure one. I gather they had started up a "special cars" section covered by a broker and mine fit, I'd say yours would too. I've heard some good things about theinsurables.ie too, so might be worth a punt.

That said J I've got near twenty years in age on you which makes a big diff,, but the above would be the ones I'd try. No doubt next years premium will go up yet again and yet again for no obvious effin reason and yet again I'll be doing the rounds of calls. :(:mad:

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement