Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does the Game Boy/GBC/GBA run games at the correct speed regardless of region?

Options
  • 07-11-2019 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭

60hz?

I would say retr0gamer would know the answer to this so I anticipate a response from him :P

I figured because they don't connect to a display that a refresh rate would be a moot thing to worry about, but then again I'm not familiar with portable game systems that well so I felt I had to ask.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

All portables run at 60hz.

One exception is the super game boy player which rubs at about 59hz. It was fixed in the Japanesenly super game boy 2.

So no region issues other than language.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    All portables run at 60hz.

One exception is the super game boy player which rubs at about 59hz. It was fixed in the Japanesenly super game boy 2.

So no region issues other than language.

Ah nice one.
    I can buy GB games in my own region and not worry about it. I'm also looking to get that analogue Pocket next year

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ah nice one.
    I can buy GB games in my own region and not worry about it. I'm also looking to get that analogue Pocket next year

Pretty much. One thing to watch for it pirate carts. There's a lot of pirate pokemon carts and the GBA and DS scene is riddled with them.

As for the pocket, it's a thing of beauty isn't it? I'll be picking it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Pretty much. One thing to watch for it pirate carts. There's a lot of pirate pokemon carts and the GBA and DS scene is riddled with them.

As for the pocket, it's a thing of beauty isn't it? I'll be picking it up.

Yeah it looks stunning. And I never got to own a Game Boy in my younger years so this'll definitely fill that gap. You can get a dock for it, too. :D

No release date on the dock though and they can be slow delivering those accessories.

Actually playing a lot of Gameboy at the moment and it's a fantastic console that is great for pick up and play games. Like all handheld consoles it just gets criminally ignored by mass media.

• Advertisement
Advertisement