Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bank statements Q

• 12-11-2019 12:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Hello,

I applied for DA and got a letter today saying they needed ALL statements from ALL banks. I sent them this already but am wondering if they're referring to my pre paid revolut card that they can see is topped up by my main account? I guess I didn't think about it as it can only be topped up one way with money coming from the one place they know about already.

Can they know it exists by using my data or is it likely they just saw it on my bank statement?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Horatio26. wrote: »
    Hello,

I applied for DA and got a letter today saying they needed ALL statements from ALL banks. I sent them this already but am wondering if they're referring to my pre paid revolut card that they can see is topped up by my main account? I guess I didn't think about it as it can only be topped up one way with money coming from the one place they know about already.

Can they know it exists by using my data or is it likely they just saw it on my bank statement?

Revolut is a bank account so yes, I would imagine so.

Similar to if they seen you topping up regularly to an AIB account, or a credit union account they would ask to see a statement, for evidence of any significant savings.

Nothing to worry about, just to ensure you're not a billionaire I'm sure.

From experience with working in the medical card unit, it would be from your statement, not background checks.

Would often see someone paying into their savings account, and would ask for proof, based solely on their statement they've shown.

Advertisement