Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ways to transfer money instantly?

Options
  • 21-05-2020 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭

I know in the UK when you transfer money with online banking it happens instantly.

I need to transfer 90 euros to someone instantly - what is the quickest way? SEPA? They don't have PayPal. Is it quicker if it is the same bank to the same bank?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Within a bank is normally near instant.

SEPA instant when supported will give that euro wide.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭SwordofLight

Do most banks do SEPA instant? Like BOI / AIB? Would I need to sign up to it specially, fees etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Do most banks do SEPA instant? Like BOI / AIB? Would I need to sign up to it specially, fees etc?

None do it currently !

Facepalm for Ireland yet again

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Transfer revolut to revolut.
    Instant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭pinktoe

If your with the same bank its instant, otherwise go to whatever bank they use and lodge over the counter.

I wouldn't be rushing to do that with covid.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Facepalm for Ireland yet again

Approximately 56% of banks participating in SEPA are at some stage of implementation, so Ireland is not special.

Save the Faceplam, for someone expecting access to advanced facilities for free.

Jim2007 wrote: »
    Approximately 56% of banks participating in SEPA are at some stage of implementation, so Ireland is not special.

Save the Faceplam, for someone expecting access to advanced facilities for free.

Advanced facilities for free? Are you mad - we pay the bank enough already! How is it advanced when all UK banks can do it instantly with no charge?

Advertisement