Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TG4 from Brougher

Options
  • 09-05-2020 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

My TG4 picture from Brougher is the wrong shape - seems to be 16:9 in a 4:3 frame. Is it my TV or is it something to do with the way the signal is being transmitted? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

egal wrote: »
    My TG4 picture from Brougher is the wrong shape - seems to be 16:9 in a 4:3 frame. Is it my TV or is it something to do with the way the signal is being transmitted? :confused:

I know this doesn't answer your question but this was the issue when TG4 was first broadcast on NIMM from Black Mountain until viewers complained and problem was corrected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

Yes, been doing this from the Armagh relay too for the past few weeks. Surprised it hasn't been noticed and corrected yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭kazoo106

TG4 from Brougher is currently in 786x576 from a remote RX at Brougher itself
    By comparison, Cairn Hill being received on Brougher with a resolution of 1056x576

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Iderown

Yes, TG4 from Black Mountain is wrong shape.
    It's OK from Clermont Carn.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Iderown wrote: »
    Yes, TG4 from Black Mountain is wrong shape.
    It's OK from Clermont Carn.

Found the same. Pity as picture quality on NIMM is better than Saoreview due to transmission method.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭kazoo106

Its 1048x576 at the moment - something has changed but still not what it was

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

It appears to be broadcasting properly now.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭egal

If only they would now do something about the subtitles on RTE1 and RTE2.

Advertisement