Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone have a Ferguson Ariva Atv Combo set top box

• 22-04-2020 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi All,

Looking for reviews on the Anyone have a Ferguson Ariva Atv Combo set top box receiver.

What's the EPG/UI like

What's the tv guide like and does it untergrate Irish and uk channels into on guide.

Is there 7day guide on all channels

Can u series link etc etc

http://ferguson-digital.eu/es/ariva-atv-combo-tuner-3/

Has 2 Tuners 1x DVB-S2, 1x DVB-T2

And has triple os

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,034 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Hi All,

Looking for reviews on the Anyone have a Ferguson Ariva Atv Combo set top box receiver.

What's the EPG/UI like

What's the tv guide like and does it untergrate Irish and uk channels into on guide.

Is there 7day guide on all channels

Can u series link etc etc

http://ferguson-digita...a-atv-combo-tuner-3/

Has 2 Tuners 1x DVB-S2, 1x DVB-T2

And has triple os

Is this the device you meant to link to?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 valeoilspill

Is this the device you meant to link to?

Yes it is thanks have you any experience with one just purchased one after just getting rid of awful saorview box would be good only for the seperate tv guide s for Irish and saorview

Yes it is thanks have you any experience with one just purchased one after just getting rid of awful saorview box would be good only for the seperate tv guide s for Irish and saorview

Sorry, not got one of those.
    I had a quick glance at the manual, and the functions seem to be quite extensive.
    They even provide a PlexmediaServer in their Linux OS version amongst other useful things.

I failed to see any reference to the EPG duration, but as both Linux (Debian) and E2 are available for the box then I would expect a 7 day EPG to be available as standard.

Sorry, not got one of those.
    I had a quick glance at the manual, and the functions seem to be quite extensive.
    They even provide a PlexmediaServer in their Linux OS version amongst other useful things.

I failed to see any reference to the EPG duration, but as both Linux (Debian) and E2 are available for the box then I would expect a 7 day EPG to be available as standard.

I wonder how the tuner will work out when recording as there only one of each cud uwatcj and record more than one channel like sky type

I wonder how the tuner will work out when recording as there only one of each cud uwatcj and record more than one channel like sky type

Each tuner will lock on to a mux/transponder, so only the channels broadcast on that locked mux/transponder will be available to view or record.

The tuner number is very limiting.

• Advertisement

Each tuner will lock on to a mux/transponder, so only the channels broadcast on that locked mux/transponder will be available to view or record.

The tuner number is very limiting.

Yes why I don't know I was thinking could they have software running it that could do similar to sky because with sky I think u can now record 4 channel and watch one but only 2 feeds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭com1

I had an ariva years ago... it was OK. I then got an amiko alien which was a great improvement until it started eating Hard disks.

I now have (for ~3 years) a Tiviar Alpha plus (I got it delivered from Satworld.ie ~€200 all in) with an internal HD, triple tuner (2 sat and 1 terrestrial) and I cannot fault it - Satworld set it up (openatv 6.1) and with only minor tweaking (setting up the channel lists the way I like them) it has not missed a beat.

I dont use all the functionality but what I do use is spot on - 7 day epg for all channels, Series link record, pause live TV.

There are a number of threads on here for it somewhere... here is one https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin//showthread.php?t=2057827739

Yes why I don't know I was thinking could they have software running it that could do similar to sky because with sky I think u can now record 4 channel and watch one but only 2 feeds

They use a different LNB & tuner type combination.
    Skyboxes are essentially 12 tuner devices, I think, with a few dedicated to specific purposes.

There are lots of different ways to hook up different tuner types with different LNBs.

They use a different LNB & tuner type combination.
    Skyboxes are essentially 12 tuner devices, I think, with a few dedicated to specific purposes.

There are lots of different ways to hook up different tuner types with different LNBs.

Is there a work around?? I suppose will find out soon

Is there a work around?? I suppose will find out soon

You are limited with that device to one mux/transponder per tuner.

There is no apparent work-around.
    The tuners are fixed.
    You might be able to manage adding an external tuner box, but as already pointed out because multiple tuner devices are available, it is unlikely anyone on Boards has bothered doing this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Maz2016

How are you getting on with this box? Looks ery very impressive. I have a Ariva 120 and a 153. The 153 is on its last legs os I think I will get this. Would you recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Mount Vesuvius

I'm looking at getting this set top box too as my Triax as died. What is the android tv like on this i wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭winston_1

Yes it is thanks have you any experience with one just purchased one after just getting rid of awful saorview box would be good only for the seperate tv guides for Irish and saorview

erm. Saorview is Irish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

winston_1 wrote: »
    erm. Saorview is Irish.
    Things must be bad when you've switched from correcting people about misspelling the word "aerial" to dragging up 2 month old posts just to correct them. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Irish_peppa

Have 2 Ferguson Arivas grand reliable. But my god whats the story with having 500 plus channels.:confused: Is it normal for all these free satellite boxes to have hundreds of channels both dead channels and live? Is there a way to scan for just working channels and not have hundreds of repeat channels, dead channels Takes more time searching through channels then to watch a programme. Then every few months a channel or 2 just disappears and needs whole box retuned ahhhghhh . Can they not invent a similar box to sky with your 100 or so channels set in stone deal done no need for retunes etc:cool:

Have 2 Ferguson Arivas grand reliable. But my god whats the story with having 500 plus channels.:confused: Is it normal for all these free satellite boxes to have hundreds of channels both dead channels and live? Is there a way to scan for just working channels and not have hundreds of repeat channels, dead channels Takes more time searching through channels then to watch a programme. Then every few months a channel or 2 just disappears and needs whole box retuned ahhhghhh . Can they not invent a similar box to sky with your 100 or so channels set in stone deal done no need for retunes etc:cool:

If a channel disappears , you don’t need to scan the whole box again, just the particular transponder. And as for the 100’s of channels - edit/ delete the channel list once and keep it to that. Should be very manageable in fairness
    You can edit the channel list on the box - should take about half hour the first time or download software to your computer and do it in a fraction of the time

I was thinking of getting this box a few weeks ago but now I have to. My parents old Ariva 120 packed in last night. Does anyone know if this would be as user friendly for them? They just need something basic although it would be good to be easily switch to Netflix. Can’t see any good videos online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Maz2016 wrote: »
    I was thinking of getting this box a few weeks ago but now I have to. My parents old Ariva 120 packed in last night. Does anyone know if this would be as user friendly for them? They just need something basic although it would be good to be easily switch to Netflix. Can’t see any good videos online

That's going to be a pain as the app isn't native so the remote needs to double as a mouse.

Advertisement