Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should Johnny Depp's dogs be put down?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Forget about the dogs the real story here is they are making another feckin Pirates of the Caribbean movie, talk about flogging a dead horse. At this stage they are flogging the dead horses skeleton and it is rapidly turning to dust!

• Site Banned Posts: 217 ✭✭Father Ted Crilly

gandalf wrote: »
    Forget about the dogs the real story here is they are making another feckin Pirates of the Caribbean movie, talk about flogging a dead horse. At this stage they are flogging the dead horses skeleton and it is rapidly turning to dust!

Maybe they can put the dogs down and replace the dead horse's skeleton with the dogs' skeletons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Anyone remember when Depp was cool? (ask your older brother/sister)

Maybe they can put the dogs down and replace the dead horse's skeleton with the dogs' skeletons.

Naw I think the only solution is to put Johnny Depp out of our misery :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Anyone remember when Depp was cool? (ask your older brother/sister)
    Platoon.

I asked me Dad.:pac:

Seriously, nothing puts me off a movie as the words 'starring Johnny Depp'

• Advertisement

Platoon.

I asked me Dad.:pac:

Seriously, nothing puts me off a movie as the words 'starring Johnny Depp'

add and "Helena Bonham Carter" and "Directed by Tim Burton" and these days it's guaranteed garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭sjb25

The Australian authorities have no intention of euthanising his dogs. I am glad to see them apply the law to a celebrity. I did find the Agriculture Ministers statement that 'Pistol and Boo need to bugger off back to the United States' both refreshing and amusing. :D

I just kept seeing this in my head as he was saying bugger of back to the us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Boo-urns.They're barking up the wrong tree, they should either walk the plank or bite the bullet.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

yes they do deserve to be euthanized.
    Yeah, I saw pictures of them, you can just tell by the look of those dogs that they are scumbags who knew exactly what they were up to, euthanisia is too good for the vile little fuckers, I demand torture.

He should be made clean up dog shite for a month over there.

If Australia or New Zealand ever get on the wrong side of terrorists they are screwed, no need to hijack planes or make bombs, just smuggle over 1 or 2 seeds in your pocket and drop them, from watching those border TV programs it will apparently be almost certain to cost the economy billions.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

Australia has some daft laws in fairness. You simply lose some of your basic rights if you join a motorcycle club over there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,982 ✭✭✭Hitchens

YurOK2 wrote: »
    Can you explain the relevance of that part??

well, pit bulls can be dangerous sometimes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭YurOK2

Hitchens wrote: »
    well, pit bulls can be dangerous sometimes

Anyone can be dangerous sometimes :confused:

I'm puzzled, the story doesn't relate to the dogs being dangerous so what is your point? It sounds like you are saying that if the dogs were pit bulls, who "can be dangerous sometimes", they would deserve to be put down regardless of the background of the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,982 ✭✭✭Hitchens

it's a ruff world

Just deport the animals immediately and fine Depp heavily. Nobody has to die here.
    If anyone deserves to die here, it's Johnny Depp.

"Nobody" will die.

They are not killing "anyone".

The issue is whether dogs will be killed. Seems a bit ott to me. But they are still dogs, not people, so words like "nobody" and "anyone " have no application.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭RZoran

He lived in France or his private island for years so why so certain they are American dogs?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

No but him and his wife so arrogant, thinking their above the law, just cause they're Celebrities. I'm glad this will be an inconvenience to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Australia likes deporting anything that would contaminate their culture.

fin12 wrote: »
    No but him and his wife so arrogant, thinking their above the law, just cause they're Celebrities. I'm glad this will be an inconvenience to him.

I know people who have worked with him and said the guy is shy and quiet. He also has an assistant who would deal with this and when you fly in on a private jet you are still met by customs and immigration.

RZoran wrote: »
    I know people who have worked with him and said the guy is shy and quiet. He also has an assistant who would deal with this and when you fly in on a private jet you are still met by customs and immigration.

Ya really shy that's why he is the movie business and his also being travelling around the world for years, and also the same guy who compared rape to being photographed by the paparazzi. Seriously if his so shy he should retire to his private Island. All the rest of us have to obey the laws so why shouldn't he.

Ya really shy that's why he is the movie business and his also being travelling around the world for years, and also the same guy who compared rape to being photographed by the paparazzi. Seriously if his so shy he should retire to his private Island. All the rest of us have to obey the laws so why shouldn't he.

I never said he shouldn't have to obey but I would probably be investigating some starstruck customs & immigration agent instead of publicly threatening to put down his dogs. Also are you really trying to say shy people can't be in the movie business or travel? Private island, constant sunglasses, hats, lack of interviews outside of promotion, etc. Not exactly a secret.

• Advertisement

I never said he shouldn't have to obey but I would probably be investigating some starstruck customs & immigration agent instead of publicly threatening to put down his dogs. Also are you really trying to say shy people can't be in the movie business or travel? Private island, constant sunglasses, hats, lack of interviews outside of promotion, etc. Not exactly a secret.

I'm not talking about shy people, and I just dont believe that he is a shy person. Johnny Depp is a well traveled guy and has probably being to Australia a good few times before this and for him to be oblivious to their strict rules regarding what can be brought into the country, I just dont buy it. Hes being in the movie industry long enough to realize that fame and being an actor go hand in hand.
    Like if he doesn't like what comes with being an actor he should just stop or at least stop ****ing complaining about it, even poor Britney who you can tell really struggles with interviews doesn't complain about it, as this prick does and anybody that compares being photographed to being raped has lost all sense of reality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

International quarantine laws exist for a reason, sorry for the dogs having a special owner that thinks they are above them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

5rtytry56 wrote: »
    No. But Mr Depp should ensure the passage of his pets from Oz asap. It's also his 100% his fault for placing the dogs in thus predicament.

I agree. People who don't know the rules or ignore them deserve the consequences, although I think putting the dogs down would be overstepping the boundaries of common sense; just put them back on a plane to LA.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 zugrook

Wow, the reason this thread even exists should dumbfound the simplest of our species let alone being on sky news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

sdanseo wrote: »
    I agree. People who don't know the rules or ignore them deserve the consequences, although I think putting the dogs down would be overstepping the boundaries of common sense; just put them back on a plane to LA.

And what if they carry something they now picked up from Aus just let them into America ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

He lived in France or his private island for years so why so certain they are American dogs?

They're not certain, that's why they needed documentation.

I'm not talking about shy people, and I just dont believe that he is a shy person. Johnny Depp is a well traveled guy and has probably being to Australia a good few times before this and for him to be oblivious to their strict rules regarding what can be brought into the country, I just dont buy it. Hes being in the movie industry long enough to realize that fame and being an actor go hand in hand.
    Like if he doesn't like what comes with being an actor he should just stop or at least stop ****ing complaining about it, even poor Britney who you can tell really struggles with interviews doesn't complain about it, as this prick does and anybody that compares being photographed to being raped has lost all sense of reality.

Lots of famous people complain about being photographed, he up and left Hollywood and even bought a private island. Not exactly Johnny Kardashian and he got into the business in the 80's. You really comparing old style gossip magazines where people were professional paparazzo to modern day any jack ass with a phone and any number of websites willing to pay. Wow, the guy is human and said something over the top! Most people say the same crap everyday.

Lets just ignore how he paid for Hunter Thomas's funeral after his suicide or Or he paid the legal fees to free the Memphis three from death row. Oh moving from a low tax country to one of the highest taxed in France also shows how much of a hypocrite he is....

Also the guy smokes like a mental patient, barely talks in real life, and I know people who have seen his medical reports from when he got insured for a film.

Every country has port of entry airports where even people on private jets go through immigration. Australia needs to sort out how they messed up instead of threatening to kill dogs and forcefully blocking poor migrants from reaching their waters.

Tarzana2 wrote: »
    They're not certain, that's why they needed documentation.

I never said they didn't but who's fault is that? The authorities who left him into the country or the individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

For being one of the most photographed men in the world he's certainly one of the least vocal. Silly move bringing the dogs. An agent or whatever should have handled that procedure.

He donated a million dollars to Great Ormand Street hospital after they treated his daughter when she was ill many years ago and got no attention for it. He also turned up dressed as Jack Sparrow to read to kids for a day. He never got sought any publicity for this and it wasn't recognised till well after. My brother, a doctor at GOSH, met him and his partner at the time, Vanessa Paradis, and said they were a lovely pair. Ask for no special treatment.

I happen to think he's a great actor. Make some bad choices recently sure. I know who Kim Kardashian abstractly is but I have no idea why she is famous. I think she is an heiress ?

Whatever else, Depp has a talented body of work behind him that puts him leagues above the likes of Kardashian. Everybody makes stupid comments everynow and again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

I never said they didn't but who's fault is that? The authorities who left him into the country or the individual.

The dogs haven't been let in. Maybe they thought he'd be able to produce documentation by fax or email or whatever. Perhaps a bit dazzled by his fame, but correct to not bend the rules for him. Anyway, the dogs should be sent home not killed, which I'm sure is what will happen. Someone just made a fuss for a bit of attention, I guess.

This doesn't excuse Depp, Australia is entitled to have the strict regulations they have and they need to be applied across the board. It was his responsibility to have the necessary documentation, just like everyone else.

Advertisement