Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Should Johnny Depp's dogs be put down?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

No. But Mr Depp should ensure the passage of his pets from Oz asap. It's also his 100% his fault for placing the dogs in thus predicament.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Australia is well known to have strict rules on the importation of animals. Depp chose to circumvent those rules so unless he gets the pooches out of Oz, yes they do deserve to be euthanized.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Just deport the animals immediately and fine Depp heavily. Nobody has to die here.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,641 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The fcuk does it matter if they are Johnny Depp's or Mary Jo Swanson Smith's dogs?

Quick someone inject this thread with that simpsons clip involving frogs and a renegade koala on a helicopter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭corner of hells

At the very least we could execute two Australians ourselves in a show of solidarity.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Overheal wrote: »
    ?

Quick someone inject this thread with that simpsons clip involving frogs and a renegade koala on a helicopter.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m26aesW4CY1qh59n0o1_500.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

If he was an unsullied he would be given the choice of strangling his dogs personally, or being killed himself and fed to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

If anyone deserves to die here, it's Johnny Depp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Did I really just see an Australian official say on TV that the dogs should "bugger off back to America".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Fudge You

Just deport the animals immediately and fine Depp heavily. Nobody has to die here.

Thats the simple answer. This should have not even made into the public eye.

Johny you brought them over illegally, get them out. No more said about it.

The man in the video(from the op) is right.
    Depp is silly here and putting his dogs at risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭corner of hells

And wasn't that Hitler fella Australian too ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Need to read thread better

"Should Johnny Depp be put down"

Was thinking, the last film I saw him in, wasnt that bad, at least give him one more chance!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I hate to see any animal being put down unnecessarily, but Australia (and other countries like ourselves) have these rules for a reason, especially when the dogs have come from a rabies-endemic country like the USA, that just puts the lives and health of humans and other animals at risk.

Hopefully the dogs will just be removed ASAP, but if they end up being put down its no one's fault but Depp's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

At least he didn't try to bring them in a suitcase disguised as Chinese winegums like every other eejit seems to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Deport the dogs. Then kill them. Teach that Depp fella a lesson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

The Australian authorities have no intention of euthanising his dogs. I am glad to see them apply the law to a celebrity. I did find the Agriculture Ministers statement that 'Pistol and Boo need to bugger off back to the United States' both refreshing and amusing. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭YurOK2

Hitchens wrote: »
    They are two nice looking little dogs, not pit bulls or anything like that.

And their names are cute - Pistol and Boo, have a heart Australia!

Can you explain the relevance of that part??

No, they shouldn't be put down but it is every pet owners' responsibility to ensure they have all the correct documentation for their pets to travel. It kind of sounds to me like maybe he thought someone like him could get away with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭No_Comply

Anyone who thinks killing two dogs over some red tape is a heartless imbecile.

I know there are laws and procedures he should've followed, but they're dogs for God's sake, not exotic creatures that will destroy their flora and fauna!

The dogs are there now. Just deport all three of them. Johnny Depp couldn't be that hard to find!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

No_Comply wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks killing two dogs over some red tape is a heartless imbecile.

I know there are laws and procedures he should've followed, but they're dogs for God's sake, not exotic creatures that will destroy their flora and fauna!

The dogs are there now. Just deport all three of them. Johnny Depp couldn't be that hard to find!
    *cough*cute fluffy bunny rabbits *cough*

• Advertisement

It is a simple procedure to get a Pet Passport for a dog. This shows that their vaccinations, including Rabies shots are up to date. Silly man deserves to lose the dogs.

I did find the Agriculture Ministers statement that 'Pistol and Boo need to bugger off back to the United States' both refreshing and amusing. :D

It did raise the worrying thought that all Government officials there are like a cross between Jackie Healy Rae and Alf from Home and Away.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭cml387

In fairness, he is a film star who is unwordly about these matters. Surely his PA or whatever should have organised it, I'm sure he has one and is being paid handsomely.

OK his last few films have been turkeys but he is a fan of the Fast Show and is an all round good bloke.

anncoates wrote: »
    Did I really just see an Australian official say on TV that the dogs should "bugger off back to America".

Maybe he should have said "toddle" back to America.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭cml387

...and they're Yorkies, like we have.

Maybe he should have said "toddle" back to America.

Or comported himself on global media like a government official instead of a drunk backpacker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

If he was an unsullied he would be given the choice of strangling his dogs personally, or being killed himself and fed to them.

Or the dogs killed and feed to him, in a pie, like the film Sweeny Todd. To make up for giving us the film, Sweeny f'ing Todd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

anncoates wrote: »
    Or comported himself on global media like a government official instead of a drunk backpacker.

He probably did, well...at least by Australian standards anyway.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Deport Depp and eat the dogs. No point in letting them go to waste.

• Advertisement

Deport Depp and eat the dogs. No point in letting them go to waste.

Each bite'd be a chunky big mouthful.

Advertisement