Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Water Construction

Options
  • 21-07-2015 5:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    There has been alot of construction beside my house the past month or so. They are laying down pipes for Irish Water.
    I got home one evening last month and my driveway was totally blocked. I live in the country and there were 2 tractors, a large truck and 2 diggers blocking my house all the way along the stretch of land.

I spoke to them the next morning and being all nicey nicey, I told them that I did not mind them parking the machinery there but not to block the entrance to the car. The engineer asked if it was ok to park their machinery in the field and I had no problem with that.
    Fast forward to last week and they finally left, but the field is destroyed. Covered in gravel and they knocked down alot of the fence. I rang the council and they gave me the engineers number and he said it would be sorted.
    I got home yesterday and two of the biggest bits of machinery I have ever seen was parked in front of my driveway again. They "repaired" one of the concrete posts by putting down a wooden post and tying the concrete post to it.
    I have pictures of all of this and I will upload a few but I would like to know if other people have had to deal with this and what did you do? What should I do? Is there anything that I can do here?

Cheers.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement