Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gave up

Options
124»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Good stuff. Congrats on the little one as well!

I'm at 2yrs and 10 months now and we had little man as well 3 months ago!!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

Hey Ballyman,
    you've been with me since the start, it's a good feelin this no smokin lark.
    Congradulations to you and your girl on the wee man.
    Roy

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭dollyk

:D took a lot longer than most on here but i did it, i cant count hours or days , i just do the one day at a time.. its what works for me lol...... ;) and the fact that i tell myself every morning how proud i am of myself for not smoking the day before, all this nonsense " self praise " is bullox , i praise me all the time ....oozing with confidence now i am ...pmsl, its true ...

Fair play to ya Dolly....It was only a matter of time before you got there, well done:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Daisy Steiner

I've just started to read your log the GALL and it's an inspiration!

I've stopped smoking and I did it with the cold turkey method, I'm not sure if I'm fully out of the woods yet but it is getting easier and easier to not smoke. (had my last cig on the 26th of July :o)

Thanks for a great read.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 115 Verified rep PaulGogartyTD

Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Bridget75

Hey Gall and everyone, just spent that last while reading through your thread, its all good!!! I stopped smoking 2 weeks ago (yesterday) and i feel rotten! i still wake up feeling like i have been smoking my head off. Not much phlem coming up either, i am waiting for it all to happen at once!:eek: Also i find the evenings long so i end up going to bed early so avoid the temptation to eat instead of smoking, anyone got any advice on what else to do? i am starting the gym next week but that is straight from work so the evenings will still be a problem, hope yez can help a bit, thanks ;)

Hey bridget,
    Hope all's well with ya. Exciting times ahead for you, lots of ups and probably even more downs, but it's all worth it. The boredom is something you'll have to deal with, the gym is a good idea, good call on that. Just take one day at a time and remember that your a NON SMOKER, you have been for the last two odd weeks. Keep writing about your journey to freedom a lot of people here have kept online diarys, mine was a way to remind myself what I wanted to do and how badly I wanted to do it.
    Be truthful to yourself about giving up

If you get stuck and need to talk there's always somebody here to get you focused again and to offer encouragement

Well done again
    Roy

Advertisement