Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Claim Tax credits etc on ros.

• 18-11-2020 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭

hi,
    i've never used ROS, to claim tax credits etc. i got a letter advising me from them telling me that i've not made any changes to my tax credits for the last 5 years which is true.

i've logged on, and now i haven't a clue what i can do or claim.
    Can anyone give me any advice.
    im married 10 years, but am down as being single on the system, i don't think that will make much of a difference,
    but for the likes of root canal and other medical expenses, can i put them in, if i don't have the correct receipt or time of year,. say if i said i had root canal last year for €500 , and €200 expenses in each of the last four years, would i need to produce receipts or do they bother to check (the dentist could provide it i'm sure anyway)

any advice welcome

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭relax carry on

hi,
    i've never used ROS, to claim tax credits etc. i got a letter advising me from them telling me that i've not made any changes to my tax credits for the last 5 years which is true.

i've logged on, and now i haven't a clue what i can do or claim.
    Can anyone give me any advice.
    im married 10 years, but am down as being single on the system, i don't think that will make much of a difference,
    but for the likes of root canal and other medical expenses, can i put them in, if i don't have the correct receipt or time of year,. say if i said i had root canal last year for €500 , and €200 expenses in each of the last four years, would i need to produce receipts or do they bother to check (the dentist could provide it i'm sure anyway)

any advice welcome

For may claims you make, you must ensure you are entitled to the credits/reliefs and have the the backup to prove the claim if requested. You can uploaded the receipts into the receipts tracker if you wish.

Are both you and your spouse using up all your credits and rate bands? If you aren't then updating your martial status and opting for joint assessment may be beneficial for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭LithiumKid1976

For may claims you make, you must ensure you are entitled to the credits/reliefs and have the the backup to prove the claim if requested. You can uploaded the receipts into the receipts tracker if you wish.

Are both you and your spouse using up all your credits and rate bands? If you aren't then updating your martial status and opting for joint assessment may be beneficial for you.

hi,
    yes we are both on the higher tax bracket..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭relax carry on

hi,
    yes we are both on the higher tax bracket..

Then joint assessment isn't going to provide you any financial benefit at the moment. If the situation changes in the future you should opt for it.

Advertisement