Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ring Video Doorbell Pro 2

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭zg3409

Just a quick update. Fitted device to door. It said on battery for 1+ days and then I noticed the app said hardwired. Press button is lighting up at night and all options working ok. I am not paying for the cloud recording as I have CCTV. I find via ring my phone alerts 5 to 10 seconds after movement detected, then when I go live typical postman has already dropped in post, or courier has dumped package on doorstep. The movement notification is handy as someone home 24/7 to check doorstep, and it seems couriers dont want to press rind doorbell, as they worry they will be delayed by owner connecting, chatting and asking to drop to neighbour. It seems as if the ring device makes this worse rather than no visible internet connected doorbell.

When I go to look at l is be feed person is typically gone without pressing bell. I cannot rewind the feed without paying extra. Anyway I am happy enough, although it would be handy if I did not get notifications when me or my partners phone was leaving or entering house. Possibly a whole integrated smart house would be better system. I find the camera position ok, but really a dedicated integrated system of multiple cameras with audio and an intercom would be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

Hi All I know this is an old thread, but I've just got the Ring Video Doorbell Pro 2 installed, and the only major downside is not being able to use the house internal chime, after stupidly watching US reviews of the product before buying.

As far I can tell I have a Garo BIM85 Door Chime which was working on the old traditional door bell.

I now know Ill need to change the transformer to an AC model as the supplied one from Ring is DC which prevents the chime from working. But can anyone suggest which transformer will work with my door chime, and if I can avoid trying to acquire the PPK from ring?

Post edited by rogercross on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

The Garo transformer wired for 24 volts is the one I used. Get an electrician to do the work on the fuse board.

Is there any buzzing off that Garo transformer at all or any issues in the last couple of years for you?

No. It’s stable. The Ring app shows the voltage of 24 or 25 volts.

• Advertisement

So it's just the transformer I need to get an electrician to fit, no bypass kit from Ring or any other modifications?

What make/model of mechanical chime do you have in the house?

Post edited by rogercross on

Can’t remember it begins with a B as far as I can recall. Standard enough chime. But get an electrician since they will be working on the fuse board.

So realistically its just the transformer I need to get an electrician to swap out correct?

I honestly don’t know. Ring don’t guarantee that their doorbell will work with all mechanical chimes. They used to have an article which listed which existing mechanical chimes would work. You can buy one of their wifi chimes to replace the mechanical chime if it doesn’t work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

This is the compatibility list but for US/Canada only https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360059789591-Ring-Video-Doorbell-Pro-2-Chime-Kit-Compatibility-List The only bell listed here that is available in Europe is the Grothe model which does work and is 24V.

• Advertisement
Advertisement