Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir router and Ultrabrite

Options
  • 25-03-2021 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭

Hi all. We just got Fiber broadband with Eir. Previously we were with a local ISP with wireless broadband. I have two Ultrabrite smart plugs and two Ultrabrite dimmable bulbs which were working perfectly through my Echos etc. Set them up no problems with the old setup.

I just cannot get them to work at all with the Eir setup. They only work on 2.4ghz so I have accessed the Eir modem and turned off the 5ghz to try and set them up that way but still nothing.

Am I doing something glaringly obviously wrong or what? They worked Monday night, got new internet Tuesday and now nothing. Head is melted! 😆

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Damokc

Nobody can offer any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

Would you be up to speed to know what IP address group the smart items are on and the router.

The wifi stuff was probably connected to your old wifi name and is still looking for it, you may need to reconnect them (or their hub if they have one) to the new wifi coming off the router.

Router is probably on 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.254

Check to see if all on same address system 192.168.1 or 192.168.0

Check dhcp is switched on.

I suggest you factory reset them if you're moving them to a new wireless network

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Damokc

I did reset all the smart devices. Even bought new ones. I stopped using the router that Eir provided and I am now using the old Fritz Box router. All devices now work perfectly. I set them up in about 20mins when I set up the old router.

Advertisement