Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virtual Private Server

Options
  • 14-08-2017 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

Been availing of hetzner's VPS services for some years now. Looking for a second VPS with 2 to 4 GB of ram. Don't care about storage or processor speed but need ssh access to a minimal linux installation (not unduly worried which flavour).

Googled but anything price wise I find is considerably higher than prices in the attached image.

Am I missing anything or is this as good as you get for these requirements ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Pataman

Why not setup your own?
    But a second hand server, install unraid and off you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Been using ovh vps the past couple of years and they have worked a treat

https://www.ovh.ie/vps/vps-ssd.xml

No complaints at all with them

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭grimeire

Been availing of hetzner's VPS services for some years now. Looking for a second VPS with 2 to 4 GB of ram. Don't care about storage or processor speed but need ssh access to a minimal linux installation (not unduly worried which flavour).

Googled but anything price wise I find is considerably higher than prices in the attached image.

From looking around I found you would be hard pressed to find any with 4Gb of ram for less than €10. There are many other factors in there prices also. e.g storage(SSD/HDD), bandwidth etc.

I find it very annoying that nearly all providers do not let you spec out the VM yourself and have to stick with their packages that never suit my needs.

Running 3 ovh servers each with 2GB for 13.49 euro pm.

While one would be easier alright, I use haproxy as a single front end to distribute traffic across the three

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

According to picture it looks like company overselling VPS, once server filled up I would expect lag.

If you like German based VPS I would choose neuprime.

• Advertisement

markmoto wrote: »
    According to picture it looks like company overselling VPS, once server filled up I would expect lag.

If you like German based VPS I would choose neuprime.

That limited offer they have looks very competitive. Wonder what a Linux powerful server is

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

That limited offer they have looks very competitive. Wonder what a Linux powerful server is

that offer stayed on for the entire 2020
    R1208WT, Intel Xeon E5-2695v3, 192 GB RAM extendable

Advertisement