Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bookies Reopening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭Degag

Tommo 76 wrote: »
    Thanks, I did that. For anyone else just buy the voucher in a shop and in paddypower select deposit, alternative method, Paysafe and just key in the voucher number.

Thanks. Sounds fairly straightforward. Reckon i may be inundated with requests from friends of mine without online accounts to stick bets on next week and i'd rather not to have the money going through my bank account.

How would one go about withdrawing cash then? Would you have to wait for the shops to open so that you could get it out in cash?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Tommo 76

Degag wrote: »
    Thanks. Sounds fairly straightforward. Reckon i may be inundated with requests from friends of mine without online accounts to stick bets on next week and i'd rather not to have the money going through my bank account.

How would one go about withdrawing cash then? Would you have to wait for the shops to open so that you could get it out in cash?

I’m not sure to be honest, paddypower have a card called a cash plus card or something but not sure what way it works or it’s capabilities. Yeah that’s why I topped up mine, you can get the Paysafe voucher in 10,25,50 and I’m sure other values and there may be a 50c or €1 charge in the shop but that’s it. Very straight forward really, you can look up Paysafe for retailers for where to buy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Greenlights16

do you have to open an account to use the paysafe voucher? or can you just deposit

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭hurleronditch

do you have to open an account to use the paysafe voucher? or can you just deposit

But if you don’t have an account how would you get your winnings back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

I enjoyed the Festival but still missed the bookies, anybody think they'll be reopening on the 5th april??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭SteM

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

pottokblue wrote: »
    I enjoyed the Festival but still missed the bookies, anybody think they'll be reopening on the 5th april??

There's no chance in ROI, could be June at the earliest at the rate we are going.

Do the bookies have an open book for easing of restrictions reopening of shops???? Maybe a 50-1 chance shops reopen in April? 25-1 that vaccine passport punters can attend race meetings from April???

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭hurleronditch

Do the bookies have an open book for easing of restrictions reopening of shops???? Maybe a 50-1 chance shops reopen in April? 25-1 that vaccine passport punters can attend race meetings from April???

I’d say you could name your price for April, maybe 2/1 you’d get into one as some stage in May and odds on for June.

Coming home from work I passed a closed cornershop covered with ladbrokes red postering and something BIG opening soon. There's already a ladrbokes, PP, and boyles on that stretch of road. I think shops might be reopening May/June 2021, 4months in and I've had no bets as I dont want to go online. I am buying lotto/euro tickets in the shops...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

? What would you be depositing to?

Coming home from work I passed a closed cornershop covered with ladbrokes red postering and something BIG opening soon. There's already a ladrbokes, PP, and boyles on that stretch of road.

Where was this?

I think that they will move the current closed shop to the new location probably squeeze in more machines and maybe reopen in May.

Are shops up North now open??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,560 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I think that they will move the current closed shop to the new location probably squeeze in more machines and maybe reopen in May.

Are shops up North now open??

Bookies opening in UK soon I hear

Talking to some PP staff and they were saying that the ROI shops will be reopening on 14th May in ROI.
    Would have thought that was a bit optimistic especially with the number of cases at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭SteM

Was told 16th of May by a manager of a different company but he stressed that was assumption by senior management there. No one has been given opening dates from the government.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Juwwi

I heard in the UK they don't have any live racing on in the shops and have a 15 min time limit you can spend in the shop.

Wonder will they do something similar here it would make sense .

Hope the gov gives us midmay nonessential reopening tomorrow. I'm enjoying watching the festivals but its missing the flutter factor plus I nearly got a SCOOP6 up at the weekend with 5/6winners.

Hope the gov gives us midmay nonessential reopening tomorrow. I'm enjoying watching the festivals but its missing the flutter factor plus I nearly got a SCOOP6 up at the weekend with 5/6winners.

That would have been nice!

Bookies in ROI to reopen on 17th May! :D

• Advertisement

okidoki987 wrote: »

That is good. Will have somewhere to go. Thanx 4 sharing x :D

okidoki987 wrote: »

Don't know if I'll bother setting foot in one again, what's the benefit? I get a lot more specials/ free bets etc online.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,560 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Don't know if I'll bother setting foot in one again, what's the benefit? I get a lot more specials/ free bets etc online.

True about online being better. Older people tend to prefer going to bookies rather than using account. Also anyone trying to get a mortgage might want to use betting shops rather than an online account

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    True about online being better. Older people tend to prefer going to bookies rather than using account. Also anyone trying to get a mortgage might want to use betting shops rather than an online account

You don't have to use a bank account to carry out bookie transactions.

Ladbrokes & PP shops offer more specials than online, Boyles specials are the same apart from their enhances at a meeting.

no benefits but the social interaction of saying hello to other punters, reading the racing post and easier to keep some control on my losses then the 24/7 online factor. I'm looking forward to fluttering again in 2021 I wonder if the new laddies shop will be open in time...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Online alot easier to lose any winnings back unless your withdrawing regular .easier to chase loses when your just typing in numbers on keyboard instead of handing over hard cash .
    Online is alot more dangerous than betting in the shop .
    Deposit limits are a good idea.

Shop specials l usually find are better than online aswell .

Edit : A positive for online is your more likely to get the big jackpot win online imo as its easier to do multiples clicking them into the betslip than writing out big essays on a betslip .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Got an email from Boyles today. They are now saying that there are no guarantees that bookies will reopen on May 17th. They said that they don’t know whether bookies will be deemed the same as “non essential retail”. They are awaiting clarity on this from the government.

So basically the 17th May date re bookies reopening is far from set in stone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭chancer007

any update on the reopening?

Advertisement