Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on this laptop please.

Options

Comments

A bit of overkill with the i7 tbf. Look for an i5, if yee are not making any serious video production.
    Ensure at least 8gb, no matter how hard the sales fella sex 4gb is fine.
    Also don't fall for extended warranty they will try and push at you!

it's ok but last gen cpu and plastic build

this is online but direct from lenovo so should ok in terms of sorting you out if issues

if you have a problem with pc world they will send away for repair which takes time

better build - metal

6-core cpu vs intel i7 4

better quality screen

lighter

long battery life

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116870029&postcount=4

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭theunforgiven

Through my research and limited knowledge I was looking for i5, 512mb and 8gb.
    I saw that this was I7 and that it was the price of some I5 laptops.

I don't mind if it's overkill, I just was hoping that getting I7 over I5 that the laptop would be faster for longer as the years went by...

You can probably guess that tech isn't my forte.

this is the model that I was comparing against the currys one above.

get 10% off code to bring price down by signing up in "stay connected" - scroll all the way down to bottom
    code sent by email. wait for it to arrive and use code in purchase

https://www.lenovo.com/ie/en/laptops.../p/88YGS701397

amd one better value

so will end up cheaper than the currys one whilst being a good bit superior

review ->

https://www.pocket-lint.com/laptops/reviews/lenovo/155040-lenovo-yoga-slim-7-review

Thanks folks, great info there.
    Appreciate you taking the time.

• Advertisement

Just to reply, I have a 250 voucher for curry's as I'd have to put less cash towards it. So that's swaying me towards that one.

Just to reply, I have a 250 voucher for curry's as I'd have to put less cash towards it. So that's swaying me towards that one.

keep it for a new fridge perhaps?

perhaps you don't have a Dyson yet?!

I mean the one that you linked is ok but the Lenovo is just a lot better in all respects (except for smaller ssd size) and to boot works out cheaper - no other way of putting it.

OK, thank you. I'll look at the Lenovo so.
    Cheers.

Advertisement