Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPad won’t connect WiFi

• 03-04-2021 12:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,311 ✭✭✭

Even after network settings reset. WiFi is fine as phone and firestick connects fine.

So it’s like the antenna for WiFi in the iPad is broke.

Anyone else suffer this misfortune and has advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,134 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Firstly I must ask did you smash it?

(Sorry just couldnt resist with your username hope it gets fixed)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Reboot your router

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,311 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

pjohnson wrote: »
    Firstly I must ask did you smash it?

(Sorry just couldnt resist with your username hope it gets fixed)

Ha yes I did apparently smash it a while back even though all I did was put it down on tiles and the screen smashed a bit.

Don’t think it’s a factor in this issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,490 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Setup a wi-fi hotspot on the phone and see if the iPad will connect to it. That will elminate the router as the potential source of the problem.

When you say you did a 'network settings refresh', do you mean on the router or the iPad? If the iPad, did you have to re-enter the Wi-Fi password on the iPad when you tried to reconnect to your house Wi-Fi?

coylemj wrote: »
    Setup a wi-fi hotspot on the phone and see if the iPad will connect to it. That will elminate the router as the potential source of the problem.

When you say you did a 'network settings refresh', do you mean on the router or the iPad? If the iPad, did you have to re-enter the Wi-Fi password on the iPad when you tried to reconnect to your house Wi-Fi?

I joined the phone hotspot. Same as home WiFi. Asked me my password and then wouldn’t connect.

I refreshed network settings on iPad and yes I had to re-enter my password.

Just seems iPad (atenna) is broke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭deadduck

I had an odd issue before on my iPad where I had to setup the WiFi manually, i.e., instead of selecting the network from the list, go to manual setup and type in the SSID and then the password.

Worth a go...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

deadduck wrote: »
    I had an odd issue before on my iPad where I had to setup the WiFi manually, i.e., instead of selecting the network from the list, go to manual setup and type in the SSID and then the password.

Worth a go...

The iPad has been broken so no point in doing any troubleshooting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭deadduck

The iPad has been broken so no point in doing any troubleshooting

But the OP said that the iPad can see WiFi networks, but can’t connect. If it (the antenna) was broken (I expect) it wouldn’t see the networks at all, hence me thinking it sounds more like a config issue/bug

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭NSAman

Maybe a silly thing to mention, but force start and then check. If it IS seeing networks, agree with deadduck above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I joined the phone hotspot. Same as home WiFi. Asked me my password and then wouldn’t connect.

I refreshed network settings on iPad and yes I had to re-enter my password.

Just seems iPad (atenna) is broke

Can you connect if you set no password on the hotspot or router for example?
    If the Antenna is broken then I doubt it would see any networks at all.

• Advertisement

It is working fine now. I’m not sure any fixes worked. I just came back to it one day and it was connected to WiFi.

Thanks all.

Advertisement